cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've never been able to receive nor send text messages.

Rayan9513
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not able to send nor receive message. the only way i can send and receive text message is when I am connected to the internet thru our wifi but when Outside i've never been received nor send message since I got the plan with Public mobile now it is important that this work.

Can you help please.

I am on $17 plan.

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

@Rayan9513 

It is an issue with iMessage on son's iPhone.  Do you also have iPhone also?  iMessage needs to have either Wifi or data to work.  Make sure that in your son's iMessage settings: Send & receive from 2 address: email and his cell number.  Make sure Send as SMS turned on. MMS Messaging turn on.  

@Rayan9513  I’d contact support to investigate 

• Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box >>>>>>. Click here                 

• Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Rayan9513

Just to clarify the plan is $17 and is for my son. He just mentioned it today as I was trying to get hold of him by text message and he told me that it never worked for him from the beginning when I got him the plan. He have Iphone8.

thanks for the help  

Rayan9513

new number

@Rayan9513  you sure he is using SMS and not iMessage or RCS?  If on iPhone, you need to turn off iMessage and enable SMS , if not, it will default to iMessage.  Some Android do the same thing

You can tell iMessage/RCS or not by the colour

Chat-SMS.png

Rayan9513

I got the plan for my son back in September, yes it is since he is able to make calls when he is outside.

He does not have data plan but get 250MB a month.

he only uses the regular phone plan and he should be able to send/receive text messages  he does not need data plan to do that right?

@Rayan9513  Could be a provisioning issue in that case you get support to help fix 

• Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box >>>>>>. Click here                 

• Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Rayan9513

was new number and new plan for my son.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rayan9513 did you just join PM? If you did, did it ever work since joining?

if you check the phone , did it show it connected to the network?

is voice call working? how about mobile data?

if voice call works and mobile data works, are you sending iMessage or RCS? try to turn on Mobile data, those are app messages and need data to work

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Rayan9513 

what make / model is the phone you're using ?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Rayan9513  Did you activate by porting number to PM and miss the text to confirm to transfer number ? 

Need Help? Let's chat.