cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my Phone - Bought a new phone + sim card - But cannot login as OTP is sending TXT to a phone...

Noradd123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

that's lost. 

I tried creating a ticket and it wont let me login - I'm currently logged in to another user, since I cant create a ticket without being able to login. This whole process is incomplete. If someone loses their phone - they cant login as it txt a code a phone that doesnt exist. HELP!

21 REPLIES 21

lost_phone

Ive got the same issue... hopefully CS addresses soon

HI @hycm53 

the Send Email is only there for those who completed the EverSafe setup

OP probably never login since PM switched to EverSafe

@Noradd123 wrote:

when i click on resend - it doesnt give me options to resend to email.

I just tried it, PM gave me three choices : Sent text; Sent email; Sent voice message.

Screenshot (6).png

Noradd123

Honestly - I didnt want to reset the password - this account is my dad's account. It's stressful enough to lose the phone - getting a new one + sim was enough change. I'll wait for CS to sort this out.

Did you try the reset password option one mentioned earlier? You said you tried option 2.

@Noradd123 wrote:

HI @Noradd123 

it's time for agent to step in.   You have submitted ticket with agent yet?  if not, please do so here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Noradd123

@Noradd123 

Yes, if you can’t login to your account.

@Noradd123 wrote:

I've downloaded the app:
the screenshot you sent isnt what I have - I tried logging in and the option I have is: Resend the CODE. Nothing to do with send email.

Try using laptop or desktop computer and Google Chrome private or incognito mode browser to login, then click "resend" button, choose the email that with PM account.

Noradd123

I guess nothing else that can be done other than reaching out to customer service and get a response through private message?

Noradd123

"Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead."

This doesnt work. I tried this and it just went to blank instead after. no screen or anything. I waited 2 minutes.

Noradd123

thank you - I have sent an private msg - waiting for a response

@Noradd123 

you can also try these workarounds

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

Again, If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Noradd123  Please submit ticket to support to help your regain access and SIM card swap the number for you

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Noradd123

I've clicked on resend the code and the only options I have are Send Voice or text.

Click on resend code then. The option for email will come up

Noradd123

I dont have send email options.

Noradd123

I've downloaded the app:
the screenshot you sent isnt what I have - I tried logging in and the option I have is: Resend the CODE. Nothing to do with send email.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Noradd123 

if someone lost the phone, they can still use email to receive the 2FA code.  Just click  Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email

If you can log back into your own account and access My Account, simply go to Profile page, click on the pencil to the right of your sim card number and update the sim card number to the new one

If you still need support help to access My Account, please engage them by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Noradd123 

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a message private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

How to receive 2FA code via Public Mobile Phone app

Download the app via WiFi and sign in using the email you signed up with.KennethJAdams_0-1692708979599.png

Click on the Didn’t get the code? Before you do though, check the box on This is a trusted device so you never have to be asked for the 2 step again on the phone.

The next window that comes up is this.

KennethJAdams_1-1692708979521.png

You can choose either Send Email which will go to the email you registered with or Send Voice Message meaning it will call your number and ask you to push buttons.  Send it to email as that's the most effective. Also, do not cut and paste. Enter the numbers in manually. 

It's pretty much the same way if you're logged in online. You will see a link that states... Didn't get code? Click on it and send to email

Need Help? Let's chat.