cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance calls when trying to call in Canada

laurianegirard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

Everything was working fine until last week, but now I can’t pass any call. I have the 100 min Canada wide plan at 15$ and I still have minutes left to my month.

When calling I get a message saying that I need a long distance add on and so my call can’t be achieved. (Then it automatically hang up)

I’m trying to call people in the same neighborhood so I don’t understand why it doesn’t work (especially since I got a Canada wide plan)

I’ve tried adding “ 1 “ before each telephone number and added 16$ to my account even if I had no paiement due. My account status is “Active”.

Really need help on this one since I didn’t get any answer on my private mod message...

Might want to go back to providers with actual customer service... :’(

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@laurianegirard...

is it possible that you've used up your 100 minutes already ? If so you can get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Any unused add-on minutes will roll over until you use them up.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@laurianegirard...

is it possible that you've used up your 100 minutes already ? If so you can get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Any unused add-on minutes will roll over until you use them up.

laurianegirard

Doesn’t look like it...

I’ve done more than 100 minutes but it was from incoming calls (and it’s supposed to be unlimited for those)

I’ll give it a try and come back!

thanks 🙂

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@laurianegirard...

log in to your account / My Data & Add-ons and you can see if you still have any of your 100 minutes available. If you see none...you've used 'em up.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account and check your usage under usage history.  In your account under data and add-ons do you see an amount for 100 minutes Canada-wide talk xxx/100 ?  If no amount is showing then it means you have used up your allotment.

As an aside to part of your post...you might be thinking of a pay as you go type service. This is all prepaid. Just adding money doesn't do anything on its own.

How long have you been with Public Mobile? When the $15 plan first started, it was 100 minutes total. Then it changed to only outgoing. Plans don't change on their own.

@laurianegirard 

Check your self service account, under Add on section.  Do you see the 100 minute talk tracker?  If you don't see it, that means you ran out of minutes.  

BTW, the old $15 plan (about 2.5 years ago) counted both incoming and outgoing minutes. 

Pasted Graphic.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

This may be way off, @laurianegirard , but are you physically calling from any area VERY CLOSE to the US border and possibly you're phone is 'thinking' you're calling from a US location?

I can't think of anything else IF you do have calling minutes left on your plan and Canada-wide calling.

laurianegirard

I did work!

Thanks to you all for your super quick answers! Really impressed 😉

I couldn’t find the minutes counter so you’re right, it disappears when it’s all used.

And for your info I’m new to PM so I got the new 15$ 100min out/unlimited in Canada wide plan.

Thanks again to you all ❤️

laurianegirard

No I’m in Montréal.

I had no minutes left...

Feeling a bit dumb, but thanks to all of you!

Lauriane