cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance calls when trying to call in Canada

laurianegirard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

Everything was working fine until last week, but now I can’t pass any call. I have the 100 min Canada wide plan at 15$ and I still have minutes left to my month.

When calling I get a message saying that I need a long distance add on and so my call can’t be achieved. (Then it automatically hang up)

I’m trying to call people in the same neighborhood so I don’t understand why it doesn’t work (especially since I got a Canada wide plan)

I’ve tried adding “ 1 “ before each telephone number and added 16$ to my account even if I had no paiement due. My account status is “Active”.

Really need help on this one since I didn’t get any answer on my private mod message...

Might want to go back to providers with actual customer service... :’(

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

17 REPLIES 17

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@laurianegirard 

You'll need to contact moderators to get your Community username changed.  As others here have suggested it's never  a good idea to use your real name (unless it's not) for public forum sites.

Couple of ways of contacting them is to either submit a ticket via chatbot bubble bottom right of your screen or send a private message to Moderator_Team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Also just as a FYI to keep in mind for your plan, is that your plan minutes get used whenever you opt to retrieve your voicemail using your phone, this can be avoided by opting to use another phone/line to listen to your messages.   Also all minutes get rounded up whenever making a call, so a 1 min and 10 secs call will use up 2 of your available outgoing mins.

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : The OP "signed" what appeared to be a first name which matched the username which followed with what appeared to be a last name. Could all be fake of course...but still.

Great eye @Anonymous , that's a very logical conclusion!!!

I see that now down in the OP's 3rd reply or something...

@laurianegirard , you really should remove all references to your actual name and other personal information from this Community public forum.   To edit your post, click on the 3 dots in the upper right of the message that contains your name and remove it.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

Still, PM should really show it as consumed as opposed to just clear it from the screen.  How hard could that be?   Wait, I oughta know the answer to that...  🙄

It took them forever just to add the blurb saying if you don't see it, it's gone. Glacial.

@Anonymous 

Re:

Edit: @HALIMACS : the data counter can fluctuate right near the end due to the buffer. I've seen it disappear and then come back with a few megs left. Then disappear again and come back. Then finally it disappeared. It does the buffer anyway but it was funny to watch it at the end. The minute counter...done.

Good info re the data counter - i have found that to be unusually unpredictable and figured there had to be a buffer which would cause it to fluctuate.   Interesting it could disappear then reappear, though.   

Still, PM should really show it as consumed as opposed to just clear it from the screen.  How hard could that be?   Wait, I oughta know the answer to that...  🙄

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : The OP "signed" what appeared to be a first name which matched the username which followed with what appeared to be a last name. Could all be fake of course...but still.

Re @Anonymous post on changing username....

That is, IF the one you're using resembles any/all part of your ACTUAL name.

FYI - SIM hacks can occur when users either use weak passwords and/or personal identifiers in online forums to allow hackers to bypass company verification processes and possibly gain access to your account.    

Anonymous
Not applicable

When did you activate the SIM? I guess you missed on the free gifts from the company.

That $5 add-on is a great deal for the limited minute plan(s). Glad you got it sorted.

I suggest changing your username though.

Edit: @HALIMACS : the data counter can fluctuate right near the end due to the buffer. I've seen it disappear and then come back with a few megs left. Then disappear again and come back. Then finally it disappeared. It does the buffer anyway but it was funny to watch it at the end. The minute counter...done.

@hairbag1  nailed it!!!

Yes, @laurianegirard , one of those silly things about Public Mobile is when a feature is depleted, instead of it just showing as 100 / 100 MIN, or 250 / 250MB so we KNOW it's used up, the crazy line item disappears.

PM really ought to amend that.

laurianegirard

No I’m in Montréal.

I had no minutes left...

Feeling a bit dumb, but thanks to all of you!

Lauriane

laurianegirard

I did work!

Thanks to you all for your super quick answers! Really impressed 😉

I couldn’t find the minutes counter so you’re right, it disappears when it’s all used.

And for your info I’m new to PM so I got the new 15$ 100min out/unlimited in Canada wide plan.

Thanks again to you all ❤️

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

This may be way off, @laurianegirard , but are you physically calling from any area VERY CLOSE to the US border and possibly you're phone is 'thinking' you're calling from a US location?

I can't think of anything else IF you do have calling minutes left on your plan and Canada-wide calling.

@laurianegirard 

Check your self service account, under Add on section.  Do you see the 100 minute talk tracker?  If you don't see it, that means you ran out of minutes.  

BTW, the old $15 plan (about 2.5 years ago) counted both incoming and outgoing minutes. 

Pasted Graphic.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

As an aside to part of your post...you might be thinking of a pay as you go type service. This is all prepaid. Just adding money doesn't do anything on its own.

How long have you been with Public Mobile? When the $15 plan first started, it was 100 minutes total. Then it changed to only outgoing. Plans don't change on their own.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account and check your usage under usage history.  In your account under data and add-ons do you see an amount for 100 minutes Canada-wide talk xxx/100 ?  If no amount is showing then it means you have used up your allotment.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@laurianegirard...

log in to your account / My Data & Add-ons and you can see if you still have any of your 100 minutes available. If you see none...you've used 'em up.

laurianegirard

Doesn’t look like it...

I’ve done more than 100 minutes but it was from incoming calls (and it’s supposed to be unlimited for those)

I’ll give it a try and come back!

thanks 🙂

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@laurianegirard...

is it possible that you've used up your 100 minutes already ? If so you can get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Any unused add-on minutes will roll over until you use them up.

Need Help? Let's chat.