cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s BACK! $70 Plan has returned but this time with 20 GB of Data!

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Look what materialized over night almost as though PM remembered that today is my third anniversary here as a customer! It wasn’t there yesterday but is today. After bumping the $70 / 15 GB plan down to $60 recently that made room for a new $70 / 20 GB plan. Excellent! 

Now I know that Big Gig plans from Third Tier operators may not be the best choice overall for several reasons. But I appreciate these $50/$60/$70 plans being available here as an option.

AE_Collector

AA3A255F-A827-4F33-ABE3-075B8A77AF88.jpeg

21 REPLIES 21

If you are paying that much monthly , go with tier 1 or 2 and they will offer you something good for your device as well.

@Bandsaw 

And the other 1st/2nd tier providers have 4G/LTE Data. I see the PM $60/15GB and $70/20GB plans just as options for existing customers who need more data for a month or more and who will switch back down to lower plans in the not too distant future. This way they won’t lose their loyalty rewards if they need more data for a relatively short period of time.

AE_Collector

Bandsaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On the surface this looks like a good deal.  Does get better when you throw in all the rewards, but honestly, the big guys are offering very similar, but with unlimited data (tiered data, of course, but still unlimited).

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

Look what materialized over night almost as though PM remembered that today is my third anniversary here as a customer! It wasn’t there yesterday but is today. After bumping the $70 / 15 GB plan down to $60 recently that made room for a new $70 / 20 GB plan. Excellent! 

Now I know that Big Gig plans from Third Tier operators may not be the best choice overall for several reasons. But I appreciate these $50/$60/$70 plans being available here as an option.

Someday I also look forward to having so many referral rewards that even this new $70 plan is effectively free. 🤣

@bluejaywpg wrote:

It's interesting how the 3 Tier3s respond to each other in almost every way to create identical plans - except for the community & loyalty bonuses that PM offers.

PM's Rewards, especially if you're around long enough to collect some Loyalty and Referrals. Yeah, it's only a few bucks here and there. But what's wrong with keeping a few bucks more in your pocket? It might seem cheap until you look at how it all adds up over time.

PM's lack of hidden costs. You can be absolutely 100% confident that it's impossible for them to overbill or overcharge you, there's no hidden fees, no penalties, no surprises. I don't have similar trust or faith in Telus, Koodo, and the others. They have, in fact, established strong histories of nickle-and-dime surcharges on top of surcharges.

This is all grandly appealing to consumers who want low cost. It's a fungible good, you can basically buy the same quality same thing anywhere on the market, so the lowest cost wins. Chopping five bucks off a "monthly" cost of $15 or $25 is significant.

But I doubt it's appealing to consumers who want/need to buy more - the ones who want more data, fast speed, commodity techs like VoLTE and eSIMs, and the latest-greatest shiny new 5G phone toy to show it all off. These are the majority of the consumers who'll pay Big Plan prices, and for them Public Mobile isn't offering anything they'd want. Chopping five bucks off a "monthly" cost of $70 isn't really worth much at all, especially if it comes with "tradeoffs" or "sacrifices" you won't have to make elsewhere.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Keeping up with the Joneses is fine but eventually I think people will want to see something more relevant & new, especially considering that something like this $70 plan, which as you implied @softech , will probably attract very few customers.

It's interesting how the 3 Tier3s respond to each other in almost every way to create identical plans - except for the community & loyalty bonuses that PM offers.

.. or even PM knows $70 plan won't be a Holiday Hit.. LoL

(obviously PM just responding to other Tier3's introduction of this plan)

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just noticed this plan now.  I guess PM is too busy with fixing the 2 holiday bonuses to be announcing this new pack if it's been around for 1 week without a post in the announcements forum?

@AE_Collector 

Now that you can access your cabin once summer rolls around this might be a good option as a wifi hotspot....or the $60/15.5gb or the $50/10.5gb plan either as a new activation with stackable promos or even just one of CCS's activation bundles and exclusive pm promos. Or just to spend some built up credit.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

@LeePublic wrote:

Thanks @AE_Collector, this is a nice bump in data. I wish we could see some changes in the $40 and below category. Some plans haven't changed in 3-4 years like the $40 plan.

You must have blinked! The $40 did change twice maybe 12-18 months ago? It was reduced to 4 GB plans 500 MB autopay bonus but then went back to 4.5 GB plus bonus within 2-4 weeks. But yes, other than that I think it is exactly the same as when I joined PM EXACTLY 3 years ago today… Dec 2.

AE_Collector

Happy joinnniversary 🎂 😀

@LeePublic wrote:

Thanks @AE_Collector, this is a nice bump in data. I wish we could see some changes in the $40 and below category. Some plans haven't changed in 3-4 years like the $40 plan.

You must have blinked! The $40 did change twice maybe 12-18 months ago? It was reduced to 4 GB plans 500 MB autopay bonus but then went back to 4.5 GB plus bonus within 2-4 weeks. But yes, other than that I think it is exactly the same as when I joined PM EXACTLY 3 years ago today… Dec 2.

AE_Collector

Mark_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I like that Public Mobile offers us better deals by adjusting plan features to be more competitive. 

pkaraa

Unless the unused data rollover to next months (atleast 3 months) I m not sure I would want to avail the advantage of this $70 plan.

If I plan to use that much data every month then sure but this will be a good option on my month long trip(coast to coast) across Canada every year (NON-COVID times) where I use my laptop and phone extensively on mobile data.

@LeePublic 

I still think that this isn’t too far away. With the constant 2GB promotion the writing seems to be on the wall that plans will get more data. At least the $40 plan and possibly some for lower priced plans as well.

AE_Collector

LeePublic

@Meow wrote:

I guess somebody really needs and can afford $70+tax/30 days plan.

It will be interesting to see breakdown of all PM customers:

$15 - x customers

$25 - y, etc.

Yes there are lots of statistics I would love to see just out of curiosity including total number of PM customers.

AE_Collector

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AE_Collector   Good find!!!

they are busy working on the high end plans and not touching the low ends at all

but honest, their high end is not too completive against prepaid plans with Tier 2 and1 providers

** Chatr has the same $60 and $70 plans now.. Lucky has not make the move to follow yet

I guess somebody really needs and can afford $70+tax/30 days plan.

It will be interesting to see breakdown of all PM customers:

$15 - x customers

$25 - y, etc.

@walker1 

LOL…

1- contact a CSA….

AE_Collector

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

Good catch.

Now get ready to get a lengthy post about how to sign up for that plan from you know who.   Just in case you don't know how to already.    lol

Need Help? Let's chat.