cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Transfer Landline voip number

Gnguyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help transferring my voip phone number to my current active public mobile account. It keeps saying I have occurred issues but does specify the issue. Not sure what to input that is wrong, please help. 

9 REPLIES 9

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gnguyen  did you check and confirm the number can be ported into PM?  While most numbers can, still a small set of numbers cannot.  Please check here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

What voip service are you porting away from?

@JL9 wrote:

Yeha I was going to say.. How is it even possible to port a landline.. I guess it is but I'd have no idea where to start 😕

HI @JL9  Yes, it is possible. landline , VoIP number can all port around, usually ok but still have some kind of restriction.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Gnguyen   you got the error when you try to submit the porting request? 

Are you activating and porting at the same time? or you have a PM account now and putting in the porting request from My Account , Change Number?

Tell us what provider and what information you put in and got the error

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, it is possible.

If you are porting from a landline/VOIP it could take up to 7 days to complete.

OP should check eligibility: Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit This link

It will be nice if @Gnguyen let us know how his process is progressing.

My only concern is (and I never got clear answer in this forum) will ported land line be able to receive 2FA (two factor authentication) short SMS on his mobile after porting.

And this is due ported number will still 'belong' to land line but companies are sending 2FA only to 'real' mobile numbers.

Example: if somebody ports 416-265-xxxx - this is a 'real' Bell land line will companies send 2FA code to that number????

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

JL9: You would need to contact the original provider to tell them you are the customer and please let the transfer go through. Then you tell the new provider to request and away it goes.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeha I was going to say.. How is it even possible to port a landline.. I guess it is but I'd have no idea where to start 😕

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Transferring land line is a little bit different than from mobile carrier as you cannot receive SMS from current provider.

Contact agent for assistance or call number I sent you.

Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

They should be able to explain you what to do or they will initiate porting for you.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Gnguyen 

For most ports from another carrier, you will need account holder name, account number and phone number to be ported.  

If you are still having issues, you will need to contact customer service agent. Click on chat icon on right lower corner of website. Type: port problem.  Follow prompts to submit ticket for CSA help.  It will take up to a few hours to respond.  Check your private message inbox (envelope on upper right corner of website) for response.  

Need Help? Let's chat.