cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is roaming won't receive or place call

rjw1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Text working, data working but slow, can't make calls, can't receive calls.  Tried reboot, changing at&T and T-Mobile but phone service just doesn't work - customer service response somewhat sparse they may have nothing to offer more.

Need help 

10 REPLIES 10

@rjw1   The question there is that if the phone is not enabled for VoLTE on Public Mobile will it work with VoLTE when roaming in the US if the US carrier typically supports it.  There have been conflicting answers on this.  Some people have had success setting their phone to 3G even though there is no 3G, makes me wonder if those phons will drop to 2G if that's all that's available.  If your phone worked last year then perhaps it was getting 2G but that network is being shut down - or were you in another location last year, because it's not available everywhere.  In 2022 there was still 3G until December if I recall correctly.

I'd say contact Public Mobile customer support but you already did this and they weren't able to help.  What answer did they actually give?

That a phone is VoLTE capable doesn't matter if it is not enabled by the carrier.   I have a phone that was dropped for VoLTE by another Canadian carrier even though it was capable and was enabled by them for some time.  I also got a  notification from them then that it wouldn't work in the USA because of the 3G shut down.

hi @rjw1 but mobile data works?? same issue in different locations??

rjw1

moto g power (2021) carrier compatibility| Motorola Support US

this site says phone is VoLTE compatible and phone is currently set at LTE only other option is 3G which is no longer available in US  - also, phone worked last year under same circumstances and package so....??????????

@rjw1  Moto G Power 2021 is not on PM's VoLTE list, only 2022 and newer so VoLTE is likely your problem. If there's no T-Mobile 2G where you are then it won't work. You can contact customer service to verify using the chat message symbol bottom right of this page, if that doesn't work then send a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

rjw1

Btw phone does not offer 2 G option 

rjw1

Yes and set on LTE and so 4 G,  I suppose.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@rjw1  Is your phone VoLTE capable/enabled?  If not your only option is 2G on T-Mobile which is spotty. The USA no longer has any 3G networks for non-VoLTE phones and any remaining T-Mobile 2G is also being shut down April 2nd.  If you can't get voice calls to work but you have data you can use a voip app instead like TextNow or Fongo.  If you do have a VoLTE phone then don't have the pbone on 5G as already suggested, keep it on 4G/LTE.

rjw1

Android moto power g 2021 tried to reboot with tmob & at&T both several times and no go - phone worked with roaming last year without issue but not now , suggestion to set voice to 2 g - how??

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@rjw1  Try you phone set to 4G/LTE  not 5G and try and connect to T mobile or AT&T .. if still issues with voice try phone set to 2G and connect to T mobile and of course try another area 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @rjw1 

Switch it to T-Mobile and reboot. It should then work. OH. And make sure you have roaming on too. Let us know if you're using iPhone or Android.

Need Help? Let's chat.