cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to call from Abroad using Public Mobile's free minutes for international calls?

JNDO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in Canada. Public Mobile gives me free International Long Distance Bonus minutes.

Can I use these bonus minutes to place long distance calls from abroad?

Does someone know the answer? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can call a broad she can call you.. as long as your in Canada.. and the country is on the list😬

Perhaps an oracle might cut the above response out calling it unnecessary repetition well after the fact. 🙂

I'll let go a joke on the typo 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JNDO not FROM ABOARD, the minutes are used to call FROM Canada ONLY

PM has only roaming service for US, so, you can only call FROM US if you have the roaming addo .  No where else yiu cam call FROM 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JNDO 

No.

But you certainly can purchase a local prepaid sim card from your destination country to get calling, texting, and/or data services.

Once acquired, simply put it in your mobile device and select the appropriate Network to connect to that service.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Public only works while in Canada or using roaming add-ons in the US.

Your use of the words "from abroad" suggests you asking if you can dial the international numbers when outside of Canada. No you can't.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

These Bonus minutes are only to call FROM Canada selected number of countries. You cannot use then abroad to call anybody.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JNDO 

international calling covers the

following countries:

Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

edit to make these call at no extra charge has to be from Canada 

Need Help? Let's chat.