cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There a Way to Contact a PM Manager?

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I was facing issues with texting to outside Canada. I raised the issue with CS_Agent on Oct 10: and they did what they could, but later directed my ticket to their Techs. The Techs got in touch with me, and till today  -- in two weeks -- the issue stands unresolved.

I then asked the CS_Agent if they could raise the level to the next tier (managerial level), but they said that it wouldn’t serve any purpose. Worse still, every time I remind a CS_Agent, I get a reply “Please try texting now” (paraphrased), and the troubleshooting ends there.

My Question. Can someone please advise on how do I raise the level to some Manager at PM, so he/she can expedite resolution?

PS. Exactly, three years ago in 2019, I had faced a similar problem. Back then, a TELUS tech came online within a week and resolved the issue.  Not this time, it seems. 😶

10 REPLIES 10

sa7375

@dust2dust  No, It's not one of those countries. 🙂

The possibilities of adding 011 and / or + code etc is not the issue, because my calls go through seamlessly using my 'Contacts' which have the prefix of codes already inserted. Also, as I said earlier, I have no problem with sending / receiving texts to all other countries.

Finally, they had to sort this problem with their vendor in that country when I faced this issue last time in 2019. PM is now in the process of reaching out to them again. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'll pipe in with a couple basic possibilities that come to mind. Are you adding a + or 011 in front of the country code? Then with the country code and area codes therein, are you dropping any zeros that might be in front? Is the recipient able to receive international texts? Are they in some kind of closed authoritarian country?

HI @sa7375   so, more than one country? 

keep us updated.  and reply them every day for update

sa7375

@hTideGnow ! Yes, more than that, and also the CS_Agents went through their basic troubleshooting steps before passing it to the Techs at the back end. My wife is also a PM subscriber, and she too suffers from exactly the same problem. So, it's not an individual problem anymore. 

HI @sa7375   can you not able to send text to any international number? or just from one particular country?

you tried your sim in another phone?

sa7375

23 days and counting, the issue stands unresolved. Yesterday, some tech at PM contacted me via a text message, and asked me to try again. I did, but to no avail. 

Researching online on how to get a complaint resolved, I landed up at CRTC (Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission) which advises exactly where I started, that is, “ . . . the first step is to call your telephone company directly, and tell them your issue.”

So, I am in a cul-de-sac. I can’t contact a manager at PM, while going the CRTC route will be trying to kill an ant with a hammer. Also, barring this issue, I am a happy camper with PM, and confident that they will resolve it — one day. 😊

Thank you for your advice, @Meow  @hTideGnow  @hairbag1  @BKNS27 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sa7375 

Reply back to the CS_Agent and your issue was passed onto a Technician and after 2 weeks…the problem still exists without a solution.

Insist that you want to escalate to a Manager and also request for a refund for the days without service.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

The only suggestion we can give is to keep insisting they escalate your concern.

Can you recall what the Telus tech did 2 years ago, that corrected the problem.

Maybe try your sim in a different phone, just to isolate either sim or phone problem.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sa7375   Who was the support helping you?

Just reply and insist  you need it escalate.  It will pass to senior support and eventually to Community Manager if needed

But, what was your texting issue?  Can you explain and maybe we can help

Meow
Mayor / Maire

To my best knowledge the only point of contact is agent, which you already did.

It is up to them if they want to involve higher ups.

There are PM staff on Community but I doubt they will deal with technical issues.

Oracles might suggest how to handle your situation.

What is your issue? Maybe Community could provide some assistance?

Need Help? Let's chat.