cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International sms and call

David_Van
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently abroad and realized with PM, we can't receive sms or calls. How can this be solved? I don't mind paying for a plan PM has, but no possible way contacting them, even with the "chat with us" function. Keeps looping with their AI.

Solutions online seem to suggest forwarding but this requires preparing before going abroad. We're already abroad...

Any solutions?

6 REPLIES 6

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@David_Van 

public mobile does work internationally, it works only in US if you have can/us plan or US add-on.

once you are outside Canada, there is no way to receive or make any calls or texts

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

sorry, even you use local sim where you are, you won't get the text and calls on your PM number. PM just have no service oversea 

Some use VoIP app, which has another number for friends to call and text.  But it is on another number, so, you have to tell yuru friends the new VoIp phone number 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@David_Van if your phone supports eSIM then you can have multiple profiles through a combination for eSIM and physical SIM card or multiple eSIM with one as primary otherwise you won't be able to have both services on one phone working

David_Van
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I use a different carrier while keeping my current phone number, say, 514-111-1234?

I want to be able to receive my texts and calls.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@David_Van Public Mobile does not have roaming plans outside of Canada and US. You will need to buy a SIM card (eSIM) from where you are visiting or you can use wifi with an app like WhatsApp or other similar apps

@David_Van wrote:

I am currently abroad and realized with PM, we can't receive sms or calls. How can this be solved? I don't mind paying for a plan PM has, but no possible way contacting them, even with the "chat with us" function. Keeps looping with their AI.

Solutions online seem to suggest forwarding but this requires preparing before going abroad. We're already abroad...

Sorry, but Public Mobile does not offer any options to use Public Mobile service outside of Canada except for the US.  You'll have to use a different carrier or rely on a different internet source for online usage.

Need Help? Let's chat.