cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If wife changes plan... gone forever, or can go back?

StevenMorehouse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife is currently on an older plan that's $25 for 250Mb.  I realize the current cost for that plan is $15, but she gets a bonus so she actually has 1Gb and she only pays $18.

We're going to the USA for 2 weeks, and she has the option of paying $30 for an add-on that gives 15 days of talk/text/3 Gb data in the USA.

But I see right now she can switch her plan to $34 for 50Gb USA/CA.  I presume she'd retain the $7 discount, making it $27, right?

That's a great deal, imo, but in her mind... she really doesn't need all that data (she's never used the 1GB) and she doesn't want to spent the extra $9/mo for "nothing", in her view.  Paying $30 for the 2 weeks is better than $9/mo indefinitely.  The 5G vs 3G is of no consequence to her either.  She's just not a heavy user by any stretch of the imagination.

Can she switch to the $34 plan *temporarily* and switch back to her old plan?   Probably not, but she wanted to ask.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

THP_23

That is great.👍

THP_23

Yes, I agree your reply.

THP_23

Oh no, when you changed your old plan, you can't return your old.

So sorry..

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@StevenMorehouse  If she doesn't need data at all then I would agree with @BKNS27 why not switch to the $15 plan (limited to 100 mins talk though) and then get the $15 US talk and text-only add on.  The downside could be if her phone is not VoLTE capable and enabled in which case voice calls won't work in the US and a bit of data would enable use of a voip app like TextNow or Fongo for voice calls (data and texting can still work without VoLTE).   

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@StevenMorehouse 

The $25 plan has always been for 1gb of data.

I would suggest that she get the $15 USA talk & text bundle add-on and use free wifi available at most places around and save a few bucks.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If the renewal date is before the trip or at least close to it you may as well switch. It's cheaper than the add-on and you can simply schedule a change to the $25 plan for when you're back home. (That $25 plan isn't going anywhere, no need for indefinite $9.)

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Since it's only 2 weeks, it won't make sense to change to the $34 plan, she will loose more $$. I dunno know.

Reasons: she will loose out on her current plan right now as there is no pro rating of plan. So unless her current plan will renew in 2-3 days, that money will be lost.

We always say to select the plan Change on Renewal.  Then when she comes back, it will probably be mid cycle, so again, loosing out on those days in-between.  When she comes back to change from the $34 plan back to the original,  suggest changing on Renewal.  

I think the timing would have to sync for both switches and I dont see it happening. I think it would be better to pay the extra add on $30 for the duration instead.  🤔 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I don't know about a $25/250MB plan, but there is a $25/1GB plan that isn't going anywhere, which she could switch back to after the trip. And yes, the $7 in rewards would follow her as she changes plans. Just remember that the $34 Can/US promo expires on March 4th, so make sure to set it up to renew into that plan in the next couple days.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That plan is no longer available to select for customers meaning you will not be able to switch back to that plan. The only other $25 plan that is 1 GB at 3G speeds. 

TheSterlinger_0-1709360825490.png

Need Help? Let's chat.