cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I change plan from 3G to 4G, will I loose 3GB BONUS DATA every cycle

VK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm planning to change from 3G to 4G and wondering if this would impact promotional data given for $35+ plans last year.

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.10.38 AM.png

12 REPLIES 12

JL9
Mayor / Maire

the smut policy...smut I say!! wash out your mouth with soap

JL9
Mayor / Maire

was this just flagged because I used d&mn? lol

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah there are some threads earlier going over this,  ppl were told they wouldn't but when I reached out they said I would and that now seems to be the consensus.. shame or else I may have upgraded. 

Note: edited by Customer Support Agent to remove content that violates Terms of Service.

I seem to recall this was specified by the community manager shortly after the 4G plans came out. I would still say that changing plans above the dollar threshold would keep the promo (only because it makes sense) but it would seem they won't between 3G and 4G. Perhaps one can with just between 4G plans.

HI @VK   yes, changing plan, even going to 4G plans or going for pricier plan will loss your activation promotion bonus.  

Thanks for posting the reply from CS Agent for comfirming

VK

Here is it, pasting the response from CS Agent:

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 12.51.47 PM.png

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@VK wrote:

Just got response from CS agent stating that I will be losing the BONUS 3G DATA after the plan change. So, I'm backing out the plan change.

It is not good practice to accept own post as Solution.

Do you mind pasting exact agent's reply so we all know.

VK

Just got response from CS agent stating that I will be losing the BONUS 3G DATA after the plan change. So, I'm backing out the plan change.

Thanks everyone! 

VK

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

As I recall, the terms do state promotional data will be lost if plans are changed @VK . Having said that, I am not sure if others have experienced a different situation. Seeing as you are 'moving up' (paying more) for a plan, it would seem to me your promotional data would stay - BUT, I not sure.

So, I agree with @Meow to check with a CSA, and tell them what you would like to do and see what they say. If the response is in your favor, then go for it. If you lose the promo, you can submit a ticket with screenshots of what the CSA said, and I would think they need to honour that.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

VK

@Meow & @BKNS27 Thanks for your reply. I just emailed CS to confirmed about this. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@VK 

Your bonus will transfer over since the 4G starts at $41.25.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

To be 100% sure I would contact agent for clarification.

Since this promo is related for ANY Plan $35+ since you would go UP to higher plan you should not lose your 3GB promo but please double check.

Need Help? Let's chat.