cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I change email address in current account, will I be able to use the freed email for new account?

infosteph
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I want to start a new Public Mobile subscription with the email address I currently use for another account with Public Mobile. If I change the email address for the first account, will I be able to use the freed email account to start a new subscription on a different phone? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 Stephane 

11 REPLIES 11

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My pleasure! 

infosteph

Thanks for the information, super appreciated 🙂 

infosteph

Thanks for the information, greatly appreciated 🙂 

Priority

Remove the email from the EverSafe ID you no longer want it attached to here by adding a new one to it, and than the removed email will immediately be available for use on any other EverSafe ID again. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:im-handles

Priority

It will work, I tested it multiple times and have used 3 emails I was using on Accounts less than a week ago already again for New Activations. 

As long as they removed from the current Eversafe ID Account, it can be used immediately again.

infosteph

I get the idea, but it’s just that the account that’s active now is for a secondary line, I would gladly use it with a different email address that I already own. The new one would be my main line so I prefer for it to use my real primary email address. I mainly want to know if that’s a possible scenario to manage my options 🙂 But thanks for the suggestion. 

infosteph

Thanks, I’ll try sending them a private message to check. If someone has been through the same thing and know the answer, please feel free to follow up 🙂 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@infosteph 

You can try, go to your Profile section and click on the pencil icon and change it but I would check with a CS_Agent first and see if it can be done.

Private message them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

HI @infosteph 

you will need 2 different email addresses for 2 different Public Mobile accounts for 2 phone lines

some people uses alias to create the 2nd account

Like abcdef@gmail.com can be abc.def@gmail.com

infosteph

I get why that would be easier, but the email that would be freed is my main email address, I prefer to use it. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@infosteph 

why not just use different email address for new account rather than take the chance that recycled email won't work.

Need Help? Let's chat.