cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if number has been ported?

JZ3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, switched from Fido after my last post - not sure if my number is ported though how can I check? I got notifications and my Fido account is now closed based on what I see but my data via iPhone settings still shows primary as Fido and “business” as public mobile… not sure how this works I haven’t used any data yet just not sure if it’s a thing I did with my setting when setting up the transfer to public mobile or if the transfer is still not complete yet. Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6

JZ3

Thank you, this is excellent it helped me solve my issue - yes I think I might have done something incorrect during the setup but this resolved everything now. Port team also said they see my old number when I called them so the porting was already done and wasn’t the issue. Thank you! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JZ3 

No need to waste time calling porting team.  Your Fido account is now closed.  with Fido closed, it is already an indication your number is ported.  Porting team won't be able to help further

But I can try to pick it up from here.

your sim setup was not correct.  

Please remove your Fido sim card if  it is physical.   If it is esim, please toggle off "Turn off this line"

Also, for your Public Mobile sim card, please change it from "Business" to "Primary" , and toggle on "Turn on this line"

Then click Reset network settings.  

Reboot the phone and test.  

You might need to reboot it multiple time and test.  Wait 5 mins between reboot

JZ3

I called a friend and it used my primary instead of the new temporary number (business) - except primary is the one that’s ported and is SOS only… - can you please send me the port team number? Thank you 

JZ3

I got an e-SIM haha not sure how that would work, will try just calling and see if my old number is showing up on another phone, thanks 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JZ3 

put the PM sim in the phone and see if all is working as expected...let us know.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JZ3  Easiest way it to see if the old provider sim still works ?? If it dose the port is not complete . Also if you call a friend on the new sim/plan dose your number show up ?? Can also send you the port team number private message to give status update and they can re trigger if needed 

Need Help? Let's chat.