cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESim question about 2 public mobile phones

chrisanna2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I have 2 phones with 2 different public mobile numbers.  My new phone can take eSIM.  Can I get an eSIM for the second phone and port that phone number to the new phone?  If so, how?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

@chrisanna2 wrote:

so would i log into the app on the new phone with the older phone's info to get the esim onto the new phone?

@chrisanna2 , yes.  You have to install the app on the new phone, login to your online account as normal and purchase an e-SIM.  The app has all the scripts to download and install the e-SIM on the new phone.  Once the e-SIM is installed on the new phone, the p-SIM will no longer work.  BTW, the first time you purchase an e-SIM, there is a fee but subsequent e-SIM purchases are free.  

chrisanna2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so would i log into the app on the new phone with the older phone's info to get the esim onto the new phone?

@chrisanna2 wrote:

I have 2 phones with 2 different public mobile numbers.  My new phone can take eSIM.  Can I get an eSIM for the second phone and port that phone number to the new phone?  If so, how?

As long as your phone is capable of using more than one SIM cards at the same time, then yes, both phone numbers can be used on the same device.  Please note that this is not considered to be number porting.

Need Help? Let's chat.