cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting - No Response From Previous Service Provider

CFujimoto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I could really use some help. I'm currently with Rogers Mobility and I am attempting to switch to Public Mobile. I have set up my Public Mobile account, chose my plan, and have received my SIM. I attempted to activate my plan with Public Mobile by following all the steps in order to port my number from Rogers. I have made 5 attempts to complete the steps providing my Rogers account number and my IMEI number but never received an SMS response from Rogers. I kept my Rogers SIM in my phone for the whole process. I called Rogers to see what the problem was; they said theY did a through check and said they have never received a porting request for my phone number. 

Please tell me what I should do next?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

@CFujimoto 

Yes, it is tricky for new members that haven’t ported before.

I have help about a dozen friends to port their number over to PM.

hi @CFujimoto 

happy that it helped.

and where you need to press "Activate"?

CFujimoto

Thanks for you help. I phoned the porting support team and they told me what I did wrong.

CFujimoto

Thank you! I tried the porting support team number and got through right away. 

I feel so stupid! I didn't know I was supposed to press ACTIVATE once I followed all the steps. I thought I was to activate once I got my SMS.

Thanks for your help. This community is great. I can't believe how quickly people responded to my request.

CFujimoto

Hi, Yes, my Rogers account is still active and their SIM is still in my phone.

When following the activation steps, I tried the account number first. That didn't work, so I also tried the IMEI number but still no SMS from Rogers.

CFujimoto

Thank you. I just submitted a ticket. We'll see how it goes.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @CFujimoto 

account number is what you need.  Is your Rogers account still active?

PM porting support team can tell you what went wrong  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CFujimoto 

Just contact a CS_Agent to get them to contact Rogers resend the confirmation text to you.

Since porting was not completed. Your Rogers SIM should still work.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CFujimoto, try opening a ticket through the Chatbot: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

Need Help? Let's chat.