cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get access to account to cancel subscription if stuck on "let complete your activation"

Noscat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have had a public mobile sim for years. Now I want to switch to a different carrier, I want to log in to my account to cancel the plan. The problem is I can't get access to my account because when I log in, it gets stuck on "let complete your activation" and there are 2 options, log in or resume activation. Any of the two options will lead to a login page and I basically stuck in a loop. Now I want to cancel my subscription, is there any way to do it or do I have to get access to my account? If so, how can I quit the loop?

7 REPLIES 7

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Noscat 

do you have active service now? if you do, then it just the EverSafe login don't have your account setup. just submit ticket with cs agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @Noscat , If you are seeing the "Let's complete your activation" message when you log into your Public Mobile online account, that means there is no longer an active subscription attached to your account. So, either your number has already been transferred out to your new provider, or you are logging into the wrong online account (only one email address can be associated with one subscription). However, I'm inclined to think that because you indicated you already had a new SIM from the other provider, along with a new number, that you may have since ported your number out of Public Mobile. If this is true, you will no longer be able to access your previous Public Mobile subscription details in your Public Mobile online account (MyAccount). 

Incidentally, you cannot complete an activation with Public Mobile on a PC web browser, so if you decide to come back to Public Mobile at a later date, you'll need to log into your account from the Public Mobile app installed on your phone to complete the activation.

Hope this helps.

Ummm of course it will work. You need to contact Virgin and request your number ported to them. They will make the request. You just need to put your PM SIM card back in to get the port text. 

@Noscat  As long as your PM account is active you can port the PM number on to your new SIM card and new number with new provider . But if you don’t want to keep the old PM phone number ask support to remained the credit card info on file right away 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Noscat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new sim with a new number already so I am afraid that won't work.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Noscat  Adding to what  @Chalupa_Batman  says you can ask support for the account number and then request the port with your new carrier . Using only your PM account number to port and not the IMEI 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

If you're porting out to another company, they will request a port from PM and you'll get a text message from PM. You MUST say YES. Once you do, your PM account is automatically cancelled. Do not remove the PM SIM card until you get that text. Once you see the Public Mobile name disappear from the top left corner, make a test call. if you can not, then the port is complete and you are no longer a customer of PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.