I signed up for $25, now I am being charged $50 I cant understand why

14 REPLIES 14

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Hot-Sof-Tech,(S--S)

is that you? 

haha

at it again eh?

if I were banned that many times I wouldn't even bother participating in the community...

@fredatimpano285 

Calmer heads prevail....thanks for coming back so we can help you and your husband get a resolution. Put "double charged at activation or plan" in the subject line. Leave a detailed message and include your payment card statements that show the double plan charges. If they occurred before your monthly statement is billed a refund will be processed within 3 to 5 business days for these kind of accidental charges. Alternatively if you think you two will try the service for another month then asking for a credit on your account can be applied today and used for your next renewal. 

If the double charges resulted from a renewal and not an activation then have the CSA open a ticket with the tech team to investigate why there was a double charge at renewal so it doesn't occur again.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

If you do choose to stay maybe you would like to manage your pm accounts and service. The community will help you learn the ropes and you will soon see the advantages of managing your own mobile services. You may even earn some community points to redeem for discounted add ons or account credits. If I can do it you can do it too!

Welcome to public mobile and welcome to the community!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

fredatimpano285
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you Shawn, but I am just so tired of all this.  It is upsetting my husband and I a great deal.

@fredatimpano285 

Three posts. One a day. Three days in a row. When you call customer support at another provider do you ask your question and hang up? Then call the next day expecting a resolution and before the agent can say anything and hang up again? Then repeat the process the next day?

I looked at your post yesterday. Then I went and looked at your post the day before and remembered oh yeah that guy....tried to figure out exactly what you were asking since it seemed if you knew you are overcharged then you had already logged in? But you posted and left in a hurry. I even checked back on your community account to see if you were online.....and here you are the third day in a row to post and run......not even hanging out long enough for me to answer you.

There are no refunds at pm and if you don't make a reasonable effort to contact pm to even ask for one or a credit you will have wasted your time and money for nothing because even the CCTS will tell you to contact pm customer support for a resolution.

"Arriba, Arriba....andale, andale!" Geez Louise Speedy Gonzales give us uno momento to help you out?!!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@fredatimpano285 

Sorry to hear that you are leaving.  BTW, make sure that you don't have your credit card on file for autopay.  Otherwise, you will be charged next month.  

Sorry to hear you are going.  It is unfortunate you have had a bad experience with PM.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

HI @fredatimpano285   I saw you got double charged earlier, so PM gave you back the money yet?

yes, PM support is all online, it might not suit everyone.  Hope you get a provider you like next  🙂

fredatimpano285

I have had it! The run around just to get $50 I was overcharged is unreal.  My wife and I are leaving this crazy plan.  Adios my friends, and good luck to you

@fredatimpano285 

Your account login is your email address.

If you don’t remember your password, click on Forgot Password but you will need your security answer. 
If all fails, contact a CS_Agent by private messaging or SIMon Chat button to confirm credentials to help you reset your password.

fredatimpano285

I cant find my account, what do I do?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fredatimpano285  - are you seeing these charges on your credit card transactions?

Credit cards companies can show both Pending and Authorized/Approved charges. Sometimes there are multiple Pending charges showing during activations or renewals, but when the payment gets authorized, the incorrect amounts will fall away, then the real one will stay.

If these end up being Authorized/Approved charges and the extra funds are not showing in your Available funds area on our self serve account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/, then contact Public Mobile Customer Support Representatives (CSA).

There are 2 ways to reach CSA, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 wrote:

@fredatimpano285 

You might want to check you CC online is see if it is Pending or Charged.

It happened to me when I was at a Self Serve gas station, when I got home it was showing $150 pending but I only filled up with $75 of gas…in a few days it changed to $75 charged.

Self-serving gas stations are different! They ALWAYS do that. I was shocked when I saw $250 as pending and actual amount in the next line. $250 disappeared after a while and actual charges have left. Gas stations do that as precaution as people were stealing gas (running off without paying).

I never had double amount as 'pending' and actual charge at the same time for any service or store. Pending usually stay until bank processed charge like this:

Meow_0-1647557106034.png

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@fredatimpano285 

You might want to check you CC online is see if it is Pending or Charged.

It happened to me when I was at a Self Serve gas station, when I got home it was showing $150 pending but I only filled up with $75 of gas…in a few days it changed to $75 charged.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fredatimpano285 

Did you have a problem when you activated with an error on the payment page? Were you charged twice for your activation? Or have you just been randomly charged twice for renewal this month? Regardless contact customer support with a copy of your billing statement showing the double charge and ask for a refund ( can take up to 30 days) or easier a credit to your account that can be used for your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.