cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can points be applied towards plan payments ?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

How can points be applied to plan payment ? Have switched my seldom used $10 plan to the new point system but can't figure out how to apply the points towards  my plan payment. 

18 REPLIES 18

Fanliang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. That's what I'm looking for!

@hTideGnow wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@BEER wrote:

Are taxes charged when points are used to make plan payment? 

The 15 points convert to $15 and moves  to your balance. Any funds in your balance are considered as taxed money. 

HI @CountyDownIeUk   Just hope they won't change that.  I think some people said it is kind of a glitch (at least Revenue Canada will see it that way) and PM might start taxing the full plan amount before applying the rewards credit

Think about this. 

Employee discount..not taxed

Use of some but not all coupons......not taxed

Item on sale....reduction....not taxed

Negotiated savings....not taxed

Oaken sends me a box of chocolates every Christmas and a $5 coffee card for my birthday...not taxed. 

Old PM rewards....not taxed

PM freebies and promos....not taxed

When your employer gives you free electricity to charge your car......not taxed or charged a fee 

When your employer provides electricity for your block heater.....not taxed and no fee 

Most second hand purchases.....not taxed

CRA....would be wise to leave this stuff alone and do something with the tax cheats and evaders. 

If PM gives us a ”gift” they only use dollars to complete the transaction 

There is the odd transaction  that you will be charged and taxed in full and then the reduction is applied (and the corresponding tax is NOT refunded) 

Were you not or or are you not on the old rewards program?

🥴🥴oh, just a minute I just received a T15PM tax slip in the mail😀😀

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@BEER wrote:

The 15 points convert to $15 and moves  to your balance. Any funds in your balance are considered as taxed money. 

HI @CountyDownIeUk   Just hope they won't change that.  I think some people said it is kind of a glitch (at least Revenue Canada will see it that way) and PM might start taxing the full plan amount before applying the rewards credit

@BEER wrote:

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Points are applied same as rewards. Rewards are applied and then whatever is remaining is taxed. 

BEER

@esjliv wrote:

@BEER  I would just be guessing here, but would think it is the same as @NDesai posted also.

If you have enough points to cover your full plan ... well then you will pay no taxes because your plan renewal is 0.

Sounds good.

HI @BEER  You are on the new Rewards system?  if so, this is a question you can answer us this months   LoL

I think they haven't change the payment system.  So, I expect if you earned 15 points and converted that to $15 bill credit, they would deposit the $15 as Available Fund.   When plan renewal comes, they should deduct the $15 form Plan amount and charge only that.  So, if you are on $25 plan, they should just charge $10 + tax.. I think

Please tell us on your first point redemption and payment after that.  thanks

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER  I would just be guessing here, but would think it is the same as @NDesai posted also.

You pay taxes on the amount owing, whatever that amount is.

If you have enough points to cover your full plan ... well then you will pay no taxes because your plan renewal is 0.

VIP_Tech

Hi @BEER 

No tax on any rewards,

All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.

I am not on the point system, but I expect points to reduce $ first and before charging tax just like now with the old reward system. 

BEER

BEER

@VIP_Tech wrote:

Hi @BEER 

Points FAQs (publicmobile.ca)

Thanks - figured it out now.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

The help article, also found in @VIP_Tech post, has a nonfunctioning link.

It would be nice if they could activate that. 🙂

esjliv_0-1644428733606.png

EDIT: well there is this, of course: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Catalogue

But I liked @softech screen shot better with more visuals...but it was fuzzy.

@softech wrote:

@esjliv   haha.. I changed to Public Point.. I LOVE IT!!!!

For a brief second I though you did that while sleep walking... Ufff. No, you are still sane... keep it that way!

VIP_Tech

@esjliv   haha.. I changed to Public Point.. I LOVE IT!!!!

J/k.. who would?  I am staying with the old system till they literally kick me off

Someone nice and posted the catalogue page once and I saved it  🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech  - where do you find that catalogue? Do you have to be in the Public Points system to see it?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BEER   You have to cumulate to 15 points ,then head to the Catalogue page and use your 15 points to "buy" the "$15 bill Credit" 

E-Rewards-Catalogue.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.