cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel automatic top up?

ogonna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I get out of automatic top up please, PM keeps charging my plan $70 and $27 automatic top up, I don’t understand this arrangement.

18 REPLIES 18

no worry, happy that it got sorted out.  🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ogonna 

Lol...it happens! That's ok it's a good thing.....you found out you can get the same amount of data for $30 less per month. So at first you thought you were getting overcharged and now it's like your partner's plan is free because you're saving more now paying for two plans than what you were paying before for one plan? 😀🤑😁

ogonna

Thank you every body for your help, I just confirmed my partner used my credit card on her account, sorry for the troubles. 
happy new year.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ogonna 

You've been a customer for nearly 4 years do you remember the plan you had when you first signed up?

@ogonna   you sure no one else in your household use your credit card to start another line?

also, how long you have been with PM ? if not long ago, do you recall you have to activate more than once before the activation has completed ?  Sometimes, people go error during activation, go back and re-try it but ended up with more than one account activated.  That's why 2 amounts will be charged on the same date.  But  Yes, it is less often such case  with different amounts charged

Again, it has been long enough, I think it is time for PM support to jump in and investigate further, but you can only engage support by opening ticket with them

ogonna

I checked noticed that PM charges me $73 and $27 consecutively every month, I don’t have any subscription or top up of $27, I changed from $50/month to $70/monthly plan some months ago.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ogonna 

If you look at the date of that renewal you should see the normal $70 plan amount (30 Day plan/$10 and 20GB/$60=$70) debited along with a $70 automatic top up. If you don't see a $27 manual or automatic top up on the same date then the $27 charge on your credit card doesn't originate from your account. Do you have someone else in your family with public mobile on the $25 plan? Or that has your card registered for autopay?

@ogonna   so, the extra $27 was there only once?  and it was only on the credit card but not shown on My Account's Payment History?

(if it is on the Payment history, maybe it was sitting at available fund at some point and your later renewal was a bit lower becaue of the $27 there in Available fund.   Provide us a screenshot  if you see that on the Payment History, and maybe we can make sense of it) 

Also, if you have not done so, you might want to check with PM Support and have them confirm what exactly was the issue

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

ogonna

No plan changes lately, it’s been months I logged in here last, the 2 charges were on the same date, I checked my account and couldn’t see any reason for the extra charge than automatic top up.

@ogonna   did you make any plan change lately?   $70 is your current plan now?  did you ever have a $25 plan?

what is supposed to be the usual charge?

For the 2 charges, are they on the same date? different date?  

Login to My Account, check the Payment history, do you see PM shows the two charges?

ogonna

I have done that, thanks for letting me know.

ogonna

I saw this charges on my credit card, $70 and $25 respectively.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ogonna 

To disable auto pay, when logged into your self-serve account, click on the payments tab on the left.

Then untick the section that says enable auto pay.

Keep in mind if you disable auto pay, you will need to ensure that there are sufficient funds in your account on the day preceding renewal otherwise your account will become suspended. You will need to either manually top up these funds with a payment card or purchase Public Mobile payment vouchers or use a web based service like recharge.com to update your funds.

Ultimately, you may find that remaining on auto pay is your best option.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ogonna 

There are better options available in your self serve account's plans page but they may not last long as they have already been pulled from the website's plans page. I suggest you log in now and schedule a change plan on next renewal to either the $40/15gb plan or the $45/20gb plan. Take a screenshot of the scheduled plan change just to be safe but pm honours all scheduled plan changes even if they pull the plan from current offers. Then we can sort out your discrepancy with autopay.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ogonna 

Where are you seeing the two charges? Your credit card or your payment history?

ogonna

I had 70/monthly/20gb 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ogonna @ sign in to pm self serve And go to payment tab and disable auto pay 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ogonna 

Log into your account and disable autopay on the payments page or call 611 if you know your 4 digit account pin #.

How much is your plan? Are you on a 90 day plan? Did you switch to the points program?

Need Help? Let's chat.