cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot spot

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem and how I can fix it?

When I put my hotspot on for my husband, he can sign in... It says connected but no internet available. I have checked that I can use the internet on my phone and it is working for me. My phone also shows that his phone is connected via hotspot. How can I get the internet to work for my husband?

27 REPLIES 27

J-L

@darlicious  lol😊

We got it working before I sent the request so now I wonder too. 

@J-L 

Well there you go! Thanks for the link and the difference between dun and DUN and now this issue done!

🤔Makes me wonder if the configuration file would have contained dun or DUN?

J-L

Hey Everyone! We are working!! 😁 Thanks for all your help. We did need DUN but it has to be all CAPS, apparently it is case sensitive. DUN is not the same as dun but does the same thing in the APN settings. A friend sent my son this post after we tried dun which did not work. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Tethering-on-Umdigi-Phones/td-p/48602... 

( Another suggestion we had tried but did not work was to remove rsc from the APN settings)

Thanks for all your help!!

Everyone here is GREAT! Thank you for putting so much of your effort and time into helping to solve this. 😊

J-L

@darlicious the other sim truck did not work.

Thanks for your your other info... Checking into it. 😊

@J-L 

Time to ask for a configuration file for your APN.🤞

J-L

@walker1  unfortunately the different sim did not work. 

It probably will work.  That's why I mentioned it a couple of posts ago. 

@J-L 

There is another thread dealing with this issue and the freedom sim card trick came up with same problem of dun not being allowed to be added. What version of OS are you running? The next best step would be asking customer support to see if they can text you the carrier profile that includes dun in the APN. If the CSA is unfamiliar with this procedure ask them to speak with Carlos or Silvio they are both familiar with method of changing your APN. This has been used in the past for the Umidigi X but I am not sure if it works for the hotspot as well. Hopefully it does.

J-L

@walker1  that is interesting and good to know. I only have PM sim  but maybe I can find someone else who would let me try that.

J-L

@hTideGnow  I will suggest that to my son. 

In the meantime my husband can just use my phone when he needs/wants to check something online ( until his data resets on his renewal)

I've only had my phone a couple months. It was a good deal at the time and the camera is really good, and lots of internal storage plus ability to add a memory card for more, and has dual sim slots.. although that was giving me trouble a month or so ago as well, I took out the 2nd sim and things worked again. I'm not sure I would recommend umidigi to anyone else, it sounds to me like there are lots of problems with them.

Sometimes when you install a sim card from a different service provider like Freedom , I think your phone will then let you make those changes to the APN settings.

Then you can reinstall your PM sim card.

@J-L   maybe ask your son to send us some screenshot of the hotspot setup as well as the APN setup.  Umdigi is a bit hard to setup sometimes.

J-L

@hTideGnow  I have not tried that yet myself,  I did send that info to my son but he's probably not able to try anything right now ( at work). 

As for the APN the only thing missing is the "dun" but we can't add that ( it says either the phone or the service provider won't allow you to make that change)

@J-L   how about APN type and did you try to change the band to 2.4G?

J-L

@darlicious  no "dun" is not there, that is one of the things my son is working on. Our phones were not able to add that so he has to attach the phone to his computer and try to change the settings through some round about way. 

We do not have wifi at our house as we don't have access to reliable internet. We are just out of range, or the internet company tower is facing the wrong direction, ( we are NOT in a remote area either) so we only have our phone data for access to internet.

@J-L  make sure AP band is 2.4 (Click on Advanced on the Hotspot page)

If still fail, can you go to the APN setting and try APN type as follow:

APN type: default,supl,mms

@J-L 

Do you have "dun" in your APN?

Also are you attempting to set this up at home while on wifi? Turn off your wifi as it will take precedence.

Edit:

Oops I see you don't have wifi....ignore that then.

J-L

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your tips, still not working,  but I did get ahold of my son and he is having the same problem   ( all 3 phones are umidigiA9Pro) He found something online that sounds similar to the tip @t_p  suggested ( thank you @t_p ). Since I don't have internet except the data on my phone, my son is trouble shooting with his phone. If he gets the hotspot working then he will come get my phone and fix it for me too. I'll let you all know if we get it working and what needs to be done so it might help others withe same problem.(Sounds like we are not the only ones)

J-L

@softech  thanks for that tip.  I will have him check that ( if we ever get it working) It's my husband so I'm not worried he'll abuse it, and it's just when he needs to check something quickly until his data resets on next renewal, but yes always checking to be sure no auto updates etc is a good idea. Thanks for the reminder 😊 I hadn't thought of making it metered network especially if I ever hotspot for someone else.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J-L   hope your hotspot is working now. 

Just a reminder, the client from the hotspot can easily drained all your mobile data as the client would treat it as usual Wifi.  App update and OS update and all kind of cloud backup might start once it sees the Wifi (your hotspot).   

To avoid this, make sure on your client, make the hotspot Wifi as "metered network". 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@J-L wrote:

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem and how I can fix it?

When I put my hotspot on for my husband, he can sign in... It says connected but no internet available. I have checked that I can use the internet on my phone and it is working for me. My phone also shows that his phone is connected via hotspot. How can I get the internet to work for my husband?

@J-L 

If still stuck, check out this tip to see if it helps:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/phones_and_hardwa...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J-L 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

How to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

J-L

@hTideGnow  I have Android. Everything for hotspot is set up. I didn't have to do anything really. I will try the reboot you suggested. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@J-L   are you on Android or iOS ?  I have checked my Android Hotspot, usually there is not much need to be done other than setting the name of the hotspot

try reboot both the phones (the one while hotspot setup and the one to connect) .. and make sure the one with Hotspot setup has mobile data turned on 

@J-L 

Check your hotspot APN and on your husband's phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info about setting up a hot spot.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

Check your APN settings sp.mb.com is the correct one and since it worked then it's a device issue. Test with another phone to verify. Also make sure your APN type field contains dun in it. If not, add it.

Need Help? Let's chat.