cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apn settings

jmills0661
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good everybody,

Just got a Samsung A32 5G but its not accepting the apn settings for Public Mobile.  Ive even used the Public Mobile 2 settings  and still nothing.  Now I did order a new sim before I checked my old sim as I was getting a data recovery.  By me ordering the new sim would that cancel my existing sim?  

Also, are there special apn settings for the A32 5G?

25 REPLIES 25

@jmills0661 glad it all turns out well.. now, you can enjoy the service 🙂

jmills0661

Thank you all community....sim just came, was delayed by UPS.  Popped in sim and everything is working proper.  Thank you everybody for all the help and support!

@jmills0661 wrote:

I didnt factory reset as I just had a guy data transfer my old a5 to my a32....not looking to lose all my stuff.  It does have another access point name.....Xplore Mobility.....how would I remove it?  I tried to discard but it still remains

You were with Xplore Mobility before on A5?

First, try to put your active PM sim into another phone and confirm it is working (why are you buying a new SIM if your old one is working?)

if you still have your a5 there , i suggest you to wipe the phone, re-setup with your PM SIM there and finish the setup process WITHOUT data transfer.    See if the phone works with data that way first.

Once confirm working you can still transfer your data back using Samsung device transfer app

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had previously used airplane mode but after the fiddling I did it somehow only connected to HSPA. Nothing changed there so I did a full power cycle and it's back to LTE. Odd.

@jmills0661 : Let's try to get things going before any factory reset. We would all be reluctant.

@jmills0661 

Try these...

Mobile Internet

APN

sp.mb.com

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

Not set

Password

Not set

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://aliasredirect/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy

mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

Not set

APN type

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol

IPv4

APN roaming protocol

IPv4

APN enable/disable

APN enabled

Bearer

Unspecified

MVNO type

GID

MVNO value

4D4F

@jmills0661    Sorry, I may have missed if someone has already mentioned this, but IIRC a SIM card from Freedom Mobile allows for APN settings to be overwritten which then can be saved before reinserting back your PM SIM. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmills0661 wrote:

Yes.....tried them all no dice

@jmills0661 

you can backup to your computer and do Factory Reset,

How to Factory Reset SAMSUNG Galaxy A32,

jmills0661

Yes.....tried them all no dice

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmills0661 wrote:

Yes my plan is active, I have data....just paid my bill 3 days ago....Im hoping its just the sim card as the issue.

@jmills0661 

can you Test your SIM card in another device to you know where the issue from SIM card network or your device issue..

also do you try one more time for my OP instructions !!.

@jmills0661 wrote:

Everytime I try to change mnc it erases the apn and I have to start over.  Tried to make a call and says Im not registered on network

@jmills0661    Have you tried changing your network settings to 3G/WCDMA for the calling issue?

jmills0661

Yes my plan is active, I have data....just paid my bill 3 days ago....Im hoping its just the sim card as the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmills0661 : APN shouldn't affect calling. Is your account active? Do you have data under My Data & Add-ons? Does your SIM work in another phone?

On my A31 (I also have an A32 but it worked out of the box) I deleted any showing APN's and then a whole slew of APN's showed up. I deleted all those and then started from scratch. Mostly just for kicks..I don't think I needed to. Yes, I tried editing MNC and it all disappeared. I tried adding from scratch (with existing working APN's) and it wouldn't save. Again, make sure the APN up top is sp.mb.com.

jmills0661

Everytime I try to change mnc it erases the apn and I have to start over.  Tried to make a call and says Im not registered on network

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmills0661 : Edit, 3 dots, delete. It can kinda hang around it's just that the PM APN should be the actively selected one.

Edit: and save after changing things. Again make sure it's selected. Then flip in/out of airplane to reset the connection.

jmills0661

I didnt factory reset as I just had a guy data transfer my old a5 to my a32....not looking to lose all my stuff.  It does have another access point name.....Xplore Mobility.....how would I remove it?  I tried to discard but it still remains

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmills0661 : The phone should be fine. MNC should be 220. Please review the APN up top as well.

jmills0661

I had to manually add PM, then saved after entering the apn name then these are the settings that showed

@jmills0661   Your A32 is a Canadian model?  A32 will for sure work in PM

is your old SIM an active SIM and not broken?

your tried factory reset the phone and power up "first" time to setup with the active PM SIM together?

jmills0661

Yes I still have my old sim....new sim will arrive tomorrow.  Tried the links and still nothing.  A32 doesnt show in PM list but I read in the community that it is compatible with PM network.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmills0661 : And it's the active chosen one? Did you put that in or edit it? Or was that what came in when you put in the SIM? And up top should be the APN field saying sp.mb.com .

And some stuff at the bottom might want to be GID and 4D or maybe 4D4F.

jmills0661

Screenshot_20211123-114944_Settings.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone.....here are my settings

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jmills0661   you have an active PM sim?  Since it is a new phone, easiest way is to wipe the phone and let it start with the active PM SIM.  It should download the APN settings and it should work without issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmills0661 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmills0661 : Ordering a new SIM with a currently active SIM will not affect the current SIM. Do you still have the old SIM?

As for APN, there are some subtle variations. Maybe post screenshots of what you have and we can suggest those little changes (or find errors).

I also have an A32 but I don't think I made any changes. It just worked out of the box.

Jeez srlawren...could you give the regulars a few minutes before moving 🙂 Like 15.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jmills0661 wrote:

Good everybody,

Just got a Samsung A32 5G but its not accepting the apn settings for Public Mobile.  Ive even used the Public Mobile 2 settings  and still nothing.  Now I did order a new sim before I checked my old sim as I was getting a data recovery.  By me ordering the new sim would that cancel my existing sim?  

Also, are there special apn settings for the A32 5G?

You need to activate the new sim before it'll work properly. Log in to your account ...look to right side, My Profile and find Change Sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.