Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HOW TO SIGN UP WITHOUT A CREDIT CARD??

HOW SIGN UP WITHOUT A CREDIT CHECK?

HOW TO PRE-PAY ??

edited by computergeek541:  categories corrected

11 REPLIES 11

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1. Go buy a prepaid Master Card that exceeds the plan price plus taxes. Make sure you don’t select a card from an open kiosk or display. Get one from a retailer that has them under lock and key. A $50 card may cost $5 to $15 more. 
2. Put that card on your account and leave  it there.  There is no credit check by PM or to buy a prepaid credit card. It can stay there for auto pay credits, if any, with a balance or NO balance. There will be no issues with it until you hit the expiry date.  
3. PM me for more money saving ideas. 
4. Go buy gas, a chocolate bar or bus fare with the “balance”  on the prepaid card.  
5. Prepay using the hybrid auto pay option using vouchers paid for by cash. 

6. At the expiry date of the prepaid credit card buy a new one* and put it on the PM account. Use the full balance to buy gas, a chocolate bar or bus fare while continuing to use the hybrid auto pay option. Then when the prepaid card expires…repeat…repeat …. .etc. 

* or ask a friend or someone here to give you an exhausted prepaid card, money wise that still has not reached the expiry date.  This also works on iTunes for a payment type to allow use of freebies when purchasing a new Apple product. Like News or Apple TV plus subscription. On iTunes one must cancel the service before the free three  months of service ends. 

edit: name and address on PM can be fake. Taxes on account are based on the province that your phone number belongs to. Lowest cost is an Alberta phone number. Make sure that you document any fake information as you may need it to identify yourself when consulting with a CSA. If you need an address .. let me know as I can give you a couple of legitimate ones. 

edit, edit: consider a 90 day plan. 

Then an option is downloading a VOIP program like TextNow. Just need WiFi. Burner! Depending on where you are, there is usually free WiFI everywhere.

@segukmllpkhjfc  So you want a burner phone , you can’t pay for the pre paid credit card with cash . You need everything done with cash . So that’s the catch there . And it’s for this very reason . so there will be that trace 

@segukmllpkhjfc wrote:

Thank you for reply! Ok, so there IS way to "by pass" named credit card.  I want 100% anon phone. No names. No credit cards. No links.  Private.  At anytime during the purchase of the Vanilla Prepaid Visa card, or the sign up of the Vanilla card, or the top-up $ on the vanilla card... at any of those points is it ever mandatory to provide private personal information?

Nobody will double check any of the information entered.

segukmllpkhjfc

Thank you for reply! Ok, so there IS way to "by pass" named credit card.  I want 100% anon phone. No names. No credit cards. No links.  Private.  At anytime during the purchase of the Vanilla Prepaid Visa card, or the sign up of the Vanilla card, or the top-up $ on the vanilla card... at any of those points is it ever mandatory to provide private personal information?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hopefully this can help too.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Activating-a-new-plan-without-a-credit-ca....

The only way to activate a Public Mobile account is by using a credit card issued by a Canadian financial institution and associated with a Canadian address.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@segukmllpkhjfc 

Go to Walmart or any other stores that sell those Vanilla prepaid Visa cards. Set your account using those and then use prepaid Vouchers to add funds to your account.

segukmllpkhjfc

Thank you for reply.  Real person to me sounds like they just want to "collect" private personal information.   Which is NOT necessary if I am paying them for a service.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@segukmllpkhjfc  PM is pre paid and no credit checks you can get a pre paid visa and use it to sign up and continue to top it up or use payment vouchers going forward 

segukmllpkhjfc

Thank you kindly for your reply! I refuse to provide a credit card, and refuse a credit check.   So does that mean I cannot use this PM service?  Who is best mobile provider to go to then when I will not provide credit card, or do credit checks? 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @segukmllpkhjfc 

Sadly you require a legit credit card to sign up. It's how they know you're a real person. Then after that you can remove the card and use vouchers or pre paid credit cards.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=_articleCategory_payment-support

Need Help? Let's chat.