cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW DO I SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE? HOW DO I KNOW ITS PRIVATE?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

looked at all replies about this very topic and says click envelope.When I do so it says do not reply

" go to community"

"Send private message"

Its not very clear how to simply navigate to send private message

My time is valuable this page should be made easier to navigate.

Thanks to all that can help me.

20 REPLIES 20

@computergeek541 @hTideGnow these private messages are not ours to own. Private messages generally are not private if telus/public mobile (companies) have reason to monitor or review or shut down, etc. Its 'their' forum.

Just like my work emails are not my own.

Thanks to all that so kindly replied.I now figured it out ( after of course your help) and just waiting to get a reply and resolution from Public Mobile.

Thanks to all I so appreciate all help that I received.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Extremely remote as past history indicates that I have personal history with so my statement is true for all intensive purposes and does come from the top. If they cannot access private messaging then no one can barring a court order perhaps?

@darlicious wrote:

@Member 

Your private messages can only be seen between you and the recipient and vice versa. However do not stay signed into the community if your device can accessed by someone else, on public wifi or while using a public computer like at a library. Treat your community account security the same as your self serve account.

@hTideGnow 

Public Mobile cannot access the content of your private messages other than the ones you send back and forth with customer support.

I wouldn't be so sure that Public Mobile can't access private messages between members.  Nothing is really private on the internet and someone at Khoros or Telus could certainly gain access, although I would think that occassions of that being necessary (or allowed) would be remote.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Member 

Your private messages can only be seen between you and the recipient and vice versa. However do not stay signed into the community if your device can accessed by someone else, on public wifi or while using a public computer like at a library. Treat your community account security the same as your self serve account.

@hTideGnow 

Public Mobile cannot access the content of your private messages other than the ones you send back and forth with customer support.

@hairbag1 

Hopefully - trying to capture the left vs right brain thingee.  

Re the OP exclaiming their "time is valuable", it's likely they believed they were offering that info to Public Mobile staff, not other customers on this forum.

Our time is clearly not as valuable as the OP's.   We only make $0.05 - $0.15 per hour.

😁

@HALIMACS 

great use of graphix. Hopefully, should clear things up for our busy OP.

@Member wrote:

Thanks : my issue is I received a message and need to reply , but can not locate anywhere in

community that says send private message? 

its not showing anywhere send private message?

Any suggestions on it?thanks

@Member 

See this picture.   On yours which is top right, tap the envelope icon.   From within that page, you can read and send messages to the CS_Agent group.

HALIMACS_0-1674325310347.png

To send a message to them, tap the area with bolded background:

HALIMACS_1-1674325355595.png

Then in the "Send to" field, type the @ button, then begin typing CS_Agent.   Select the result that shows a bolded CS_Agent result.

Then in the "Message body" field, start typing your message to them.

When you're done, send the message.

@Member  Did you happen to have some back and forth conversation with an agent and accidentally delete it  , and now here you are ? If that’s the case you may have to start a new ticket 

edit or are you thinking you should have a private message cos SIMon sent you here 

@Member 

look for the little envelop icon on top right side of this page.

@Member 

the reply box look like this, at the end of the message

hTideGnow_0-1674323738585.png

@Member 

scroll down just after their reply to you and look for the REPLY area.

reply.jpg

Thanks : my issue is I received a message and need to reply , but can not locate anywhere in

community that says send private message? 

its not showing anywhere send private message?

Any suggestions on it?thanks

You're looking at an email notification notifying you of the fact that you got a private message. Then yes you come here to reply to it.

If your time is so valuable then maybe this place isn't the right fit for you. Are you like a sole-owner of a privately held multinational company or something? That's valuable time. If not then you're on the same value of time as all working people even if you own your own business. Your time ain't that valuable.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Member   Private message is between you and the other party.  Of course, very likely PM can see all your private messages, just be aware.

If you need to private message CS agent for help, you can use this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The link is the same as sending message to CS agent in this profile:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Member 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

watch the little envelop icon, top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond.

added,

what's the issue ...maybe we can help or provide further guidance.

thanks for your quick reply.Yes I have a ticket and reply, but it says " do not reply to this message"

"Go to community and use private message"

It really ought to be made easier. Thanks again will look further into. your recommendation .

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+)Here

OR to send PM to other customer, click on his ID and on top right corner:

Meow_0-1674320529075.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Member   you have a problem with PM service and need to open ticket with PM?  Maybe you are share and we can help.  If only workarounds needed or how to use, we can reply much quicker than PM Support

But if you need to open ticket, please use Chatbot if possible. You can also private message using Method 2 below.  The private message is to send to CS Agent, which is private between you and PM:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Member  Top of page is envelope to the right Watch for the response if you sent message or if your still trying to send a private message try this link 

while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.