cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps

Jcurry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, 

I've been having trouble the last 3 months with Google maps. It won't load very well on my phone. Waze works perfectly find so I've used that. 

I downgraded to the 5G plan but that shouldn't effect anything. Is it not support by 3G/4G anymore?? 

7 REPLIES 7

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jcurry 

check the update of that app if not updating not works right.reboot phone.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You could Not 'downgrade to 5G' as PM does not support it.

PM does not restrict nor care how you use data so if you have issues with Google map it has to be with app itself not with PM.

Clean app cache, data, download your local area for off line usage; it will help on-line usage too. Never had issue with Google map...

@Jcurry   I would even try to uninstall and reinstall Google Map and see if it helps

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jcurry , try clearing cache, force close and then reopening the google maps app.  Mobile data does not discriminate performance based on the app being used.  The fact that you are having good performance with waze suggests there was never anything wrong with the mobile data.  The problem is software related.  

Public Mobile doesn't have 5g plans, but any type of internet connection will do to download maps.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jcurry 

Google maps works fine with my phone recently. I am on a 3G plan presently.  Have you download an off line version of the map in your area?  That might make the use of google maps easier.  Update to the latest version of the google maps app. 

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Jcurry 

You could download specific area maps on Google maps to improve speed.  You can select the areas that you want saved to your phone.  

That might help with speed. Haven't heard Google maps stopping suppo

Need Help? Let's chat.