Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged for an account that does not exist

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin



I created an account with public mobile then transferred the number to freedom mobile a year ago. It seems like I have been getting charged since then, even though my number is not even recognized by public mobile. I’d like to get in touch with customer service. Any ideas how? My bank said they could only dispute the last 3 months of payment. Sadly I didn’t realize this charge was still ongoing before. Thanks.


Mayor / Maire

There was another customer this happened to just recently where they had not noticed the charge going on for many months. Public didn't have much sympathy.

Do the chargeback and cut your losses.


maybe the OP might consider returning to PM. He could apply the refund to new account and have service at no further cost until refund $$ run out !!  😎

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Booo Freedom Mobile!  😉

Hopefully you get your full refund from Public.  


@Prachi2 it has been a year?


nonworry, should be easy fix for PM and they will provide refund.  Just message them to open ticket

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there





Mayor / Maire

@Prachi2  If your ported your number out successfully then it should have closed your PM account .. but if you need support because your still being charged here’s the link 

Getting support / submit ticket


  • Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 


Or while your already here and logged in the community


  • you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.


  Watch for reply top of page to the

   Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.