cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fongo Port to PM "cancelled" but I want to continue.

BcqNZM7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all, I assume this is a "message the mods" problem. Someone have a link how?

Anyway, I started a port out of fongo on the 4th March. I read that it can "take up to 2 weeks" so I waited. I can do everything on my phone but receive calls. SMS/MMS and outbound calls from my number works. When someone tries to call me, it goes to fongo.

So I created a ticket with Fongo and they sent me this

> Hi! The port-out request got cancelled for the incomplete port. You may need to contact your carrier to follow up on the request.,

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow 

I didn't post the number earlier. 

I thought he got flagged after he posted the number earlier.

@hTideGnow but the number is not posted in this thread. 

Hi @Spudster @esjliv   is this about the porting team number that we are not supposed to post here?

@Spudster I do not know why your post would be inappropriate. 

Doesn't someone physically need to report that under your post ?

Wonder if they can reveal to you who reported it.

Spudster

@Spudster wrote:

@BcqNZM7 

I will private message you the number to help with porting.

To check your private messages, look at the envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon on the upper right.

Representatives at this number are unable to assist with any other account-related inquiries. 

To re-initiate the port, your can also click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Hey, thanks for the 'bravo' @esjliv  !!!

Guess what?  I got a "warning" from a Customer Support Agent for this post, stating that it was against the "terms of service".  Figure that one out???

I've asked why and 2 other Customer Support Agents could not comprehend why.  

Apparently, they're going to 'consult' with the CSA who classified it as an inappropriate post.  Can't wait to see what becomes of this....

Do YOU think it's inappropriate?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Connecting with an agent should expedite it, but my first go round with PM, I think I ported over from Koodo prepaid...at that time I actually got a new number while waiting for the port.. And it was actually 3 or 4 weeks before it happened, in fact I had given up on the number and was getting used to the new one lol.. So you should be good. 

Spudster

@BcqNZM7 

I will private message you the number to help with porting.

To check your private messages, look at the envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon on the upper right.

Representatives at this number are unable to assist with any other account-related inquiries. 

To re-initiate the port, your can also click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BcqNZM7 

Contact customer support to make your port request from fongo. Supply the CSA with the following info from your fongo account....

PLEASE NOTE: Upon completion of the number transfer your Fongo account will be terminated, any remaining calling credits, SMS credit and VoIP unlock keys will be forfeited.  Remaining credit from this account will not be transferable to future accounts,

Please contact your new carrier to process the request on your behalf. You will need to provide your new carrier with the following information:

1. Customer Name and Address – Obtaining your customer name and address from your Fongo account:
    1. Log into www.fongo.com or www.freephoneline.ca (depending on your service)
    2. Click “Settings”
    3. The name and address used for your Fongo account will be displayed
  2. The Fongo Phone Number you wish to port
  3. Re-seller Name: Fongo 
  4. Service Type: Landline (All VoIP service phone numbers are considered a landline)

* All the fields above are mandatory for the number transfer process to be successful. If all information is filled in correctly, your number will be transferred on the date requested by your new carrier.

Additional info from fongo if needed....

https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212437466-Transfer-my-Fongo-number-to-another-carrier

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@BcqNZM7 wrote:

Hey all, I assume this is a "message the mods" problem. Someone have a link how?

Anyway, I started a port out of fongo on the 4th March. I read that it can "take up to 2 weeks" so I waited. I can do everything on my phone but receive calls. SMS/MMS and outbound calls from my number works. When someone tries to call me, it goes to fongo.

So I created a ticket with Fongo and they sent me this

> Hi! The port-out request got cancelled for the incomplete port. You may need to contact your carrier to follow up on the request.,

Thanks!

@BcqNZM7 I think you may be correct in needing a mod. You can try the chat bubble option or contact the CS agents directly:

Here is the link to send a private message to a moderator, who will be able to assist you further. Please note that it can take 48 -72 hours to get a response. Watch your mail box for a reply.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.