cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra unauthorized charges to my visa

Ela64
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been charged about $600 on my credit card for extra data or whatever since July. I have not ordered extra. When I try to chat with someone it says to submit a ticket. Then an error comes up. I believe I have been ripped off. Some of these charges are within one min of each other in the middle of the night. I want a refund asap. I have turned my subscription off. I would suggest not subscribing. Can someone please contact me about this. 

16 REPLIES 16

Customers do have the ability to change the card. You could change it to a zero balance visa gift card kind of thing. But then you'd have to either renew by other methods or change the card back.

If you like the gift card idea then I can give you the particulars.

Then you can know if your real credit card is being fraudulently used if you see more charges.

Ela64

Thank u I didn't know that

@Ela64 Sounds like a good plan. And yes, a 1GB/$15 add-on could be used in an hour potentially. All depends on individual usage habits.

FYI that I don't believe turning off the subscription will solve this issue. That just turns off auto-pay, meaning you'd have to manually pay at each renewal date. I believe you'd have to contact @CS_Agent to remove the credit card from your account altogether, because while it's there add-on's can still be purchased. 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ela64 

I believe the top up text you receive of $15 is only for 1GB which could be used incredibly quickly if they are doing any sort of streaming in 4K or HD quality while off of WiFi. It’s possible that they accidentally left WiFi off or it disconnected and they didn’t notice and continued to stream YouTube, Netflix, etc. Only speculating but 1-2GB of data could be used incredibly quickly in this case

Ela64

It is my son's phone who lives here where we have internet. He has never gone over his data when he 8snt home. The odd thing is the times that each amount is added. Daily, hourly. Can 30 bucks in data be used in a few minutes? He said when his data is getting close to running out, they do send a message but he had never purchased. I guess I will have to go through the usage, times etc to get to thd bottom of this. I have unsubscribed for now do this won't happen again. 

@Ela64 That does seem odd. See what @CS_Agent says via private message. Maybe whomever was making the purchase didn't think it went through, so they bought it multiple times consecutively?

I understand you pay the bill, but I'm still not clear on whether someone else uses this phone? There have been lots of stories over the years of people's kids accessing the account to buy add-on's or change the plan.

Ela64

I could understand that happening if the data that cost 30 bucks was used before the next 30 dollars was charged. In some cases there is only a minute before the next charge. Is this possible to use up added data so quick? 

@Ela64 What about the phone itself? Is someone else using or have access to the phone? When your data bucket is depleted Public Mobile may send a text to ask if you want to buy a data add-on. If whomever has control of the phone replies with "yes", you'll be charged for the add-on. To avoid this you'd have to remove the credit card from your account and pay manually.

EDIT: Here's a thread right below yours about this same issue:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Why-are-they-sending-data-add-on-by-text/...

@Ela64 wrote:

They are all in payment history. I have it all downloaded 

Did you use any of that data? It is very difficult to happen in an error, but not impossible.

JRod

@Ela64 

Please reach out to customer service to investigate on their end if you haven’t already done so. They will help you! Any chance you got texts asking if you wanted to add more data that you might have responded to? 

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Ela64

1 account. 1 card. They show up on payment history. How does anything get added if you have to log in and order it. I am the only one with the password for the account. 

Ela64

They are all in payment history. I have it all downloaded 

@Ela64 did your see those adons show up multiple times on your My Account then? 

if those data wre not used, you can check with support and they can probably do something 

but if the data were actually consumed, then you have to check where the data leak came from (which app)

If you want to get in touch with support agent for your issue, please open ticket with support team by messaging them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Ela64 Are you sure that amount is from PM? Have you checked in your account to review the payment history? If those add-ons do not show up in your account's payment history, CS Agent should be able to trace the payment. Do you have the same credit card added on a different account?

Ela64

Yes there is an invoice for every charge. Some are daily, within minute of each other. 

JRod

@Ela64 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened to you. When you go to your account is this also reflected in the payments section?

Please reach out to customer service to investigate on their end.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Need Help? Let's chat.