cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eversafe is Terrible

ABDad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am astonished how buggy and problematic the new Eversafe 2-factor authentication and secure sign-in process has been. For me, it's been a miserable week of absolute hell simply trying to log in to my account simply to update my payment information to ensure my account doesn't lapse.

First, there was no prior indication from PM that a new login process was even in place - which in my case invalidated my previous password and required that I set up a new one.  Then, numerous times when I would try to set up a new password the hopeless PM "Powered by Eversafe" page would accept the new password, then return to the same page with a red banner indicating I was locked out of my account, and forcing me to return in 3 hours, only to repeat the same hopeless process loop again and again for the past 6 days. Meanwhile, my credit card expired, which terminated my service. By this point, it would have been helpful to be able to contact a moderator to get things straightened out - but of course, you can't contact a moderator without being able to log into your account.

And that chat "help" doesn't work, because it isn't staffed by humans - and instead suggests you log into the support page and generate a service ticket - which is impossible because you can't actually log into your account... 

The whole thing is so absolutely 3rd world and Kafkaesque that it's difficult to believe PM is a serious Canadian company. It's awful - and the hopeless support system seriously needs to be improved with access to real service agents by phone or chat in order to respond to account issues in an effective manner.

32 REPLIES 32

@TinaS  please post on our Get Support board as a new post to ensure our support Community can see and share helpful solutions.  

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@ABDad  We appreciate you sharing your experience with Community. Our team continues to take away and work on pending issues that offer a similar experience to other customers. If you continue to have challenges check out our FAQ post here to review troubleshooting tips for common issues.  

Capl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you very much... I'll try this. 

@Capl   

no worry, you don't have to buy new sim or new activation. this is just the new login system was unable to link your current My Account .  It is an easy fix for PM.  Please open ticket with PM support by direct message:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

In the meantime, if your account still suspended and you need it running again soon, don't want to wait for support to reply, you can get a voucher from SDM/711/Shell/London Durg and then load the voucher using *611

Capl

****TYPO... "entered" my sim info... not "emerged"

Capl

I forgot to renew my plan,  realized it lapsed and immediately tried to renew...automatically got the eversafe registration pop up... and got to the point where it asks for "esim, new sim, or existing sim" info..  emerged my sim info. and got the message that the sim is invalid... it shouldn't be invalid since it's been working up to a few hours before this happened... i checked,  double checked and got a second set of eyes to confirm that the info i entered was correct... still not allowing me to proceed... i don't think i should have to purchase a new sim to renew a plan that was working for over a year... 

@TinaS  so, you have not got to the point to enter sim card #?  I thought you passed that step

you entered your porting info,  is your old sim card getting the 2FA text?

TinaS

Hi softech, I'm afraid to reboot my phone because I haven't yet gotten to the point of putting in the PM SIM card.  What will happen if I just try logging in to my account and try the process again?  Do you think it will let me start the port in option again?

@TinaS   reboot the phone and see if the phone can connects to PM network  If it connects, check if you can make outgoing calls.  Let us know the result

@TinaS  Good point . I only mentioned it because I had just updated mine before my post to you 

TinaS

I just downloaded the app today so I can't imagine it not being the latest version.

@TinaS  Hit resend a few time or out in wrong code . You should get option for email instead 

TinaS

I put in the payment already and they accepted it.  I got to the Porting number screen, I added the information such as phone number and the IMEI number.  Now I'm stuck on the "Confirm Your Identity" page and am not receiving the 6 digit code they say they sent to my phone.

Not sure what to do now.

TinaS

Public Mobile is owned by TELUS and I honestly don't know why they wouldn't offer a support telephone number for help.  I am not impressed!

@TinaS  Make sure the PM app is up to date . Thou it’s new it’s already had updates . Check that and try again 

@TinaS   did you just pass the point about Payment?  have you got to the point to choose Porting number or pick a new number?

TinaS

Hi, so this is my scenario and I'm first time with PM and I have to say that I'm frustrated already.

I'm using the mobile app and while I'm following the process to port in my phone number it asks me to confirm my full access with a 6 digit code that they say they are sending to my phone, but yet I don't receive any 6 digit code.  I have tried the "resend code" option several times but nothing is coming in.  How do I manage to continue with my activation if I can't get past this page?

Someone please help.  Thanks.

HI @Capl  I think EverSafe is not that bad.  All my friends and family got it setup no problem.  Maybe  your My Account login didn't match the Community before?

What exact trouble you have with EverSafe?

@Capl- Totally agreed. But there are other ways to pay. Buy vouchers in lots of stores or online and dial 611 to enter them. Use real time payments in some stores. Then your account will restart and then you can use the sms options to connect to your account in the new account system.

@Capl   are you not able to login My Account now ?  is your service working?

what is the issue stopping you from accessing My Account? were you unable to recevie 2FA on your phone?  give us some details and we can help

Capl

Totally agreed!  Eversafe is frustrating and my service is now lapsed as a result of the complicated process.   Efforts to contact a real customer service agent proved worthless.  I guess it's time to research a new service provider.   Also, no prior notice before implementing new ideas shows a blatant disrespect for customers.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Agree with your post @ABDad .

It amazes me how sometimes Public Mobile 'just puts things out there' and expects things to work all hunky dory.

But man, this self service/management model of a telecom company is more like a 'figure it out for yourself, and if it doesn't work then we will make it hard for you to contact us' company.

Did Public do proper testing? not likely.

Did Public send out texts or messages to our existing customers explaining such a big change? No. Although, I wouldn't mind not receiving notification about this part if updates were actually more user friendly and worked more smoothly.

@Pawprints1986 I guess you are happy that PM responded to your complaint and bring back the Chatbot payment.

And now, there is no restriction to how much you can load?  you no longer have to load the amount same or more than your full plan amount??

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JamesA991  "I just had an argument with chatbot trying to process my payment which it won't accept because it thinks the dollar value is a question!" 

I had the same thing happen - I had typed in $25 with the $ and it couldn't understand, but once I typed just "25" without the symbols and without quotes it was accepted! Kind of silly to not understand it with the dollar sign imo but, I did get it working 🙂

JamesA991

I totally agree! a horrible new process...did they even try to QA it before they rolled it out! 

I just had an argument with chatbot trying to process my payment which it won't accept because it thinks the dollar value is a question! 

also, the new community forced me to create a new profile wiping out my original community profile losing all my past questions, emails, rewards and KB!

yack
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

we are still  here the only reason we have some rewards to save money, but what a pain. 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You're right there needs to be a work around for people, customers unable to log in for whatever reason to still be able to contact for support. Real time chat support (not a bot) is available now for companies like amazon or even skip the dishes. It would be nice if that were an option if the bot can't help you, but like you said you also can't login to send an agent a private message

Was this possibility overlooked somehow by staff? Or telus and koodo it's no issue since you can call in? Which is kinda weird imo, telus is koodo is PM, but ours is the only one that doesn't take calls

Before, often if people couldn't get into my account for any reason, they could still log into community from their account to seek help, but with it all being one now, that's not a thing any longer

Junecat

I'm in the same sort of situation and I honthink I'm going to have change providers

yack
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

agreed, i am struggling with my 3 accounts, nuts

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ABDad 

we don't disagree with you. Send your sentiments to CSA for their consideration as well..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.