cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim transfer

Charlie007c
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you transfer an Esim from one iPhone to a new one? 

16 REPLIES 16

RoyBatty

Thanks. I have Samsung S23 w one physical SIM slot which is already filled. I have no problem paying $5 for eSIM. I don't switch phones that often. Cheers!

@Charlie007c @RoyBatty   happy that it works 

But honest, unless you have to use multiple sim, it is still better, and cheaper to use physical sim. Easier to switch phone. You might want to consider buying physical sim.  It's only $5 on Amazon.ca

RoyBatty

The PM app literally just updated in past 30 minutes for me and now shows an updated Subscriptions & Add-ons page with the Shop SIM Card Now button along with other content that was there before.

However, interesting to note that my app is still looks different than the other guys app screenshot. Must be doing a lot of AB testing.

Charlie007c

Go check it out now to see if it comes up on the app 

Charlie007c

I’m pretty sure it was a glitch on the app and then they updated it. Because I couldn’t find it last week. But it’s there now so….

Charlie007c

It appears on the app now. But it wasn’t there last week when I was trying to find it…

RoyBatty

Thanks but my PM app does not have that feature. I am on another thread with someone else who showed their PMapp screenshot with that feature. Their app is different than mine.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/eSIM-transfer/m-p/1105211#M772002

RoyBatty

I am on another thread where dude shows screenshot of his PM app that has the feature to buy esim. So weird his app is different than mine! Check it out.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/eSIM-transfer/m-p/1105211#M772002

@Charlie007c  @RoyBatty 

Please check this again on your app

click  on the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now

Charlie007c

Same exact thing happens to me!! Can’t find it 

RoyBatty

I have existing PM sub with eSIM.  I just got new phone and want to buy new eSIM on new phone. 

However, my PM mobile app Subscription & Add-Ons does not show the buy new eSim option. It just has two options for US call add-ons.

Do you have to have specific subscription for the buy new eSim option?

Can only certain customer buy new eSim?

Why have instructions for something that is not available to everyone?

What am I missing?

@Charlie007c yes, eSIM is one time install.  Once it is installed, whether you wipe the phone or you got new phone, you have to rebuy new one.  This is a practice for most Canadian providers.  iPhone has way to "keep" the eSIM on the same phone if you need to reset the phone, but that has to be supported by the provider as well

If you are planning to change phones all the time, it is better to use physical sim card as you don't need to re-buy, as long as you don't loss the sim card

Charlie007c

Didn’t know you could re-buy a new Esim 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Charlie007c 

eSIM cannot be moved from phone to phone

Please download the app and buy a new one

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Charlie007c 

No, you cannot "Transfer" exiting eSIM.  

Instead, you have to re-buy a new one.  First, download the app on your new phone, click  on the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Charlie007c 

No you cannot. You will have to purchase a new eSIM for the new device. You can do this by going on the app on the new device, go to subscription and add-on’s and then scroll to the bottom and hit “Shop SIM card now” 

Need Help? Let's chat.