cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of the current plan with Public Mobile

Joonim0207
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I transfered my phone number to another phone carrier a week ago, and since then I can't log on to public mobile my account and can't receive emails (I checked spam/junk/ and all folders).

Password wouldn't reset because either of the verification method works (can't send code to my number or email), and chat assistant wouldn't work either because the chat link was supposed to be sent to my email, but again public mobile can't send an email to my account. It said if the email doesn't work, it will send a private message to this community account, it didn't.

My email (typical Gmail) works great for all other emails, have been receiving all newsletters, order confirmation and what not from different vendors.

As I recently ended the prepaid SIM card with public mobile, I need to cancel automatic payment, and wanted to check myself everything was closed up properly.

Please let me know what I need to do, if you could - please delete my account.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

contact CSA or creditcard for refund later.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Joonim0207 wrote:

Hi,

I transfered my phone number to another phone carrier a week ago, and since then I can't log on to public mobile my account and can't receive emails (I checked spam/junk/ and all folders).

Password wouldn't reset because either of the verification method works (can't send code to my number or email), and chat assistant wouldn't work either because the chat link was supposed to be sent to my email, but again public mobile can't send an email to my account. It said if the email doesn't work, it will send a private message to this community account, it didn't.

My email (typical Gmail) works great for all other emails, have been receiving all newsletters, order confirmation and what not from different vendors.

As I recently ended the prepaid SIM card with public mobile, I need to cancel automatic payment, and wanted to check myself everything was closed up properly.

Please let me know what I need to do, if you could - please delete my account.

Thank you

After you ported your phone number to other provider successfully , your PM account closed immediately and you can't login anymore.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Joonim0207 

Porting out your number will automatically cancel your account. If you did not disable autopay or remove your card from your account you may want to monitor your payment card on what would have been your next renewal on the off chance it gets charged your plan amount. 8f it does contact customer support for a refund.

@Joonim0207 wrote:

Is there anywhere to confirm that, I did not get any confirmation for closing my account. All I did was saying "yes" to a message asking if I am transfering, then all this.

Can't even talk to a representative, which would be very convenient.

No one gets any confirmation for cancelled account as far as I know. If your number has been transferred and working correctly, you should assume your PM account is closed and so you should not get charged anything. 

Joonim0207
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there anywhere to confirm that, I did not get any confirmation for closing my account. All I did was saying "yes" to a message asking if I am transfering, then all this.

Can't even talk to a representative, which would be very convenient.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Joonim0207 , once you transfer out the account is closed.  You can no longer access it.  

Need Help? Let's chat.