cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't get Rewards, Feb 21, 2022

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

[First, let me say this is unrelated to my other thread about a friend who was coming off 85 days of inactivity and didn't get their Rewards. This relative has stayed active.]

[Added: I see on the screen capture that the previous credit balance was $20 but I'm sure I saw $30. Is this just a new thing where they don't show the Rewards credits? I see the balance went from $20 to $20 after charging $10. I'll ask the mods about this too.]

A relative is on $25/1GB plan and autopay (but with $30 credit balance). They have $10 in Rewards (old system, not changing of course): $2 Autopay, $5 Loyalty, $3 Referrals. This month they didn't get it. I'm going to contact the mods for them, but I wanted to share this in case it happened to others. They had a $30 credit balance (from redeeming vouchers) and now it's $5, so they were charged $25. Their account still shows $10/mo in Rewards, they just didn't credit this month (vs the Rewards themselves disappearing). Here's a screen capture:

2022-02-23_17-14-44 PM xactions.jpg

I'll be in touch with the mods, but the relative probably wouldn't have noticed this for a while as they had a large credit balance so haven't seen any actual charges for a while.

Happened to anyone else?

24 REPLIES 24

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

I have had many an expired card on many accounts and I have yet to be sent an email or text message to update the credit card. It is very YMMV.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

ottawa

I'll just mention that the other account I posted about (with the 85 days of inactivity) renewed today out of the existing credit balance. Same expired CC, still no notification from PM that the card has expired. I fully expect that when the credit is burnt off in a couple of months, they'll find their phone doesn't work, with no warning from PM. I've warned them but they want to see if it's true so they're not updating CC yet. 🙂

efyinc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

YES. I referred a friend in Dec 2021 and both of us did NOT get the rewards. He will close his account directly.- we will need to play with them and that will waste too much time. 

ottawa

@softechthe phone was inoperable at 830am this morning, they didn't know until they tried to make a call. That happened to me a few years ago, though in my case it took a couple of days before I tried to make a call, and no one was trying to call me. 🙂 Again no notification from PM, just the inability to make a call. (The closest to "notification" was that I didn't receive the normal texts congratulating me on renewing for another month).

ottawa

I believe it, but I've encountered expired cards before and never seen a warning on any of the accounts. In fact there are 2 accounts using this card right now, the one that failed and another that still has a credit balance. The one with CR balance still has the old expired card. Neither has received a warning. The card expired in Feb.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Ottawa: I have seen it said here that some people would get a text warning from Public of the coming up card expiry.

@ottawa   glad all is working well now

I think PM will send you the SMS about non payment, but probably later in the morning or in the Afternoon.  Probably after the account changed to Suspended and then it will send.  Honest, the renewal process start at 6pm the night before the renewal (when you account changed to Status Plan Expired) all the way till close to noon the other day.  18 hours.  I really don't know why it takes that long.  

ottawa

Thanks, I think it was an expired CC though I don't like the lack of notification that payment failed (surely PM has the ability to send an SMS to an inactive account? Or an email to the address on file?). Given the inaccurate status every month right before renewal, some warning would be nice.

I went in and tried to pay the balance using the existing CC (since PM also doesn't show expiry of the CC on file) and it came back failed. So I changed cards, made the payment, and it went. Phone now working.

Here's the transaction history, also no note of failure (not surprising given the other lack of communication from them). Note the balance on Mar 22 was CR$5 due to the weird posting sequence in Feb. CR$5 + $10 Rewards + $10 manual payment = another month of service.

2022-03-23 PM xactions T.jpg

@ottawa   Try to reboot your phone.  As long as your plan not showing "Suspended", it should be ok.

Also, when you are in My Account, check the Transaction log from last night and see if PM able to successfully get money from your CC.    Maybe post your screenshot of the transactions if you don't mind and we can advise further

ottawa

Last night the $10 in Rewards had been applied, balance was CR$15. Showed "plan expired" but I thought nothing of it as it always says something weird right before renewal. Today as of 830am, phone not working. "We cannot complete your call as you don't have a plan" or something like that. Which is weird because renewal usually happens about noon. 

Website still shows plan expired as of Mar 23, now it seems to mean it. It's possible the CC has expired as they've had that credit balance for several months, but they also have no message from PM saying the charge failed. Surely there should be a message it didn't go through?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

So the transaction history got updated just in a weird order....so tomorrow ( for me still) or tonight (for you) is renewal occurring if on time at 2am on the 23rd? Try logging in at about 12:10 am to see if the rewards have been added to the account and recorded in the transaction history or just added to the available funds? I have a renewal the same day we can compare notes if you like...?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

ottawa

I just checked and the $10 in Rewards has now been posted after the $25 in charges, though with the same date. Usually they first post the Rewards, then any necessary topup, then the charge. I guess their credit balance must have been $20 not $30 and now it's $5. Here's what it looks like, actual balance is the $5 about 4 entries down.

2022-02-21 PM late Rewards T.jpg

Thanks for the replies and advice.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

I guess I read @BKNS27 post differently....I took it to mean they should have a $10 credit in available funds after it was all said and done vs pm not adding the credit in the transaction history column in the right chronological order.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin

@ottawa wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@ottawa  - I had an issue on my January renewal, where the reward lines DID NOT, and still does not, show up in my transaction history list:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Transaction-History-Missing-Reward-Lines-...

Do you see the rewards added to your Available Funds area by any chance?

Not sure where you mean, but the Rewards did not post to the transaction history. Now it's possible the previous balance was $20 not $30, in which case they applied the $10 Rewards without showing them (balance goes from $20 to $20 with the $10 charge for 30-day plan, you can see this in the screen capture in post 1). So it comes down to whether the previous balance was actually $30 or $20. I'll check with the Mods but I'm starting to feel I have to accept it was $20, and the total Rewards was exactly the cost of the 30-day plan line item ($10).

@ottawa  - 

They may have applied the $10 without showing it in the Transaction History.

That is definitely what happened to mine in January.

Not great ledger accounting is it. 🤔

I suggest taking screenshots before and after renewals, if anything is missing definitely bring it to PM.

ottawa

@esjliv wrote:

@ottawa  - I had an issue on my January renewal, where the reward lines DID NOT, and still does not show up in my transaction history list:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Transaction-History-Missing-Reward-Lines-...

But - the rewards were added to my Available Funds balance, so I didn't submit a ticket, 'cause I wasn't out any $'s. But it was strange.

New system hiccups, I am thinking for my issue.

Not sure where you mean, but the Rewards did not post to the transaction history. Now it's possible the previous balance was $20 not $30, in which case they applied the $10 Rewards without showing them (balance goes from $20 to $20 with the $10 charge for 30-day plan, you can see this in the screen capture in post 1). So it comes down to whether the previous balance was actually $30 or $20. I'll check with the Mods but I'm starting to feel I have to accept it was $20, and the total Rewards was exactly the cost of the 30-day plan line item ($10).

ottawa

@softech wrote:

@ottawa   

did you friend/relative put the account on Lost/Stolen earlier this month by any chance?

There was another customer today or yesterday mentioned about his Autopay discount was not applied.  

No, they didn't do lost/stolen nor leave the account unpaid. Don't think you're referring to my other thread (a different friend/relative who just came out of inactivity and got no Rewards). I do see yet another thread by someone else who said their $2 Autopay wasn't there, but I checked all the accounts I help with, and all still have their Autopay showing.

This one (the one in this thread) is confusing because the missing Reward is $10, same cost as the "30-day plan" item. The screen capture I posted shows the balance was $20, I know it was $30 when I looked but maybe that was between posting Rewards and charging for the line (since the Rewards appear as actual credits to the account). I'm going to check with the Mods when I have a minute.

Thanks.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

I did say "similar". But you should always contact customer support to make sure your debits and credits are properly accounted for and displayed in your account's transaction history.

@darlicious wrote:

@ottawa 

I had a few anomalies happen with regards to rewards being applied correctly. Similar to @esjliv  the rewards did not appear in the transaction history but they were added to my available funds. They did eventually get updated many hours later. It appears that something similar has happened in the account you are referring to....otherwise the renewal would have failed because it would have been short $10. I would give it another day to update and if it doesn't contact customer support to ensure the transaction history properly accounts for its credits and debits. The transaction history should always properly account for debits and credits for both your own records and public mobile's.

@darlicious if your transaction history ended up being populating then this was different from my case.

January 24th, 2022 is still missing the detail history information, but rewards were added to Available Funds.

Was happy to see February okay, but January still showing only "Debit (Charges)"?

Thinking it was the timing of new My Accounts/My Rewards (it was the day before the release) 🤔

esjliv_0-1645756060748.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

I had a few anomalies happen with regards to rewards being applied correctly. Similar to @esjliv  the rewards did not appear in the transaction history but they were added to my available funds. They did eventually get updated many hours later. It appears that something similar has happened in the account you are referring to....otherwise the renewal would have failed because it would have been short $10. I would give it another day to update and if it doesn't contact customer support to ensure the transaction history properly accounts for its credits and debits. The transaction history should always properly account for debits and credits for both your own records and public mobile's.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

@ottawa  - I had an issue on my January renewal, where the reward lines DID NOT, and still does not show up in my transaction history list:

PM's transaction sheet could be confusing so I gave up looking at it at all.

As long as SMS from 611 matches rewards I see on reward page and paid amount is correct, case closed for me.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

But - the rewards were added to my Available Funds balance, so I didn't submit a ticket, 'cause I wasn't out any $'s. But it was strange.

New system hiccups, I am thinking for my issue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ottawa   

did you friend/relative put the account on Lost/Stolen earlier this month by any chance?

There was another customer today or yesterday mentioned about his Autopay discount was not applied.  But he didn't come back and show us more proof.  Let's hope it is not a overall system glitch this week.    thanks for letting us know and please keep us updated.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

Since you didn’t switch over to the point system. I would suggest you contact a CS_Agent to look into it for you.

There should be a $10 in the credit column.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ottawa  One of my accounts renewed this morning and all credits were applied correctly.

Need Help? Let's chat.