cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Declined

ullibodnar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a credit card set up for autopay and recently I got a text from PM saying that it was declined. This makes no sense as I'm still able to purchase stuff on it and I have had no issues.

I logged on to PM website and removed the card and added a new one and it said it was still declined. I then tried to add a different card which also got declined. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ullibodnar

UPDATE: Thank you all for your input, I finally have this issue resolved. 

Here's what worked for me:

I tried all of the suggestions that users commented but none seemed to work. That's not saying they might not work for you, but they didn't work for me. I eventually had to message @CS_Agent and went back and forth with them a couple of times. They told me to contact my bank, but when I did the bank said there were no errors on my account and that it's likely a PM issue.

Finally, @CS_Agent escalated my problem to a service tech and replied a day later with the following:

"I receive an answer from the technical support department. They said everything is fine now, please before access the Self-Serve account clear the cache and cookies and then insert the credit card details on the online account."

I did what they asked and my problem was solved. I was able to add my CC with no problem. NOTE: I tried clearing the cache and cookies previously as a user suggested but I think there was ultimately a problem with my account or AutoPay that needed to be resolved before I could re-add a credit card. 

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ullibodnar 

It sounds like an issue with PM's payment system. You would need to contact CS_Agent with your account details so they can look into this for you.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ullibodnar Try using incognito/private browsing mode and make sure postal code matches the one you have on cc file. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.
If you need to contact PM Customer Support Agent, create a Ticket.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

ullibodnar

Thanks, I just sent them a message. Do you know how long they normally take to respond?

ullibodnar

I tried that after googling for a solution. The thing is, this is a credit card that has worked before so it's beyond me as to why it's not working anymore. 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ullibodnar 

Response time is usually a couple hours, so hopefully you'll hear back tonight itself.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ullibodnar    Try clearing your cache/cookies and use incognito mode or another browser before adding the new CC.

It's possible the text message was sent in error by PM...unfortunately PM does send erroneous messages every now again.  If all your services are working then it's usually safe to ignore the text.

ullibodnar

I figured that, as the message started with (2/2) and there was no message before it so I ignored it. However, about a day ago my phone cut out and so I decided to look into it. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ullibodnar wrote:

I have a credit card set up for autopay and recently I got a text from PM saying that it was declined. This makes no sense as I'm still able to purchase stuff on it and I have had no issues.

I logged on to PM website and removed the card and added a new one and it said it was still declined. I then tried to add a different card which also got declined. 

@ullibodnar  - Are all your services working?

Also, did you happen to activate recently and cancel a Koodo charge that you noticed on your credit card statement?

Because this is what shows up during Public Mobile activation transactions, but going forward will be Public Mobile.

@ullibodnar    Did you try to login to self serve and make a manual payment with your registered CC?