cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble logging into points

Nab_S
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the email about the Public Points Jackpot and I don't know how to opt into rewards, Every time I go onto rewards I get an error. I don't know how to fix this error. Someone please help me.

Nab_S_0-1648151700786.png

26 REPLIES 26

Lovely2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Nab_S 

do you open Browser from computer
and check also Browser update

@Nab_S   if you have never been able to login, that is a different issue.   I suggest you to open a ticket with PM and have them to look into it.  Make sure they know it was from very beginning and nothing to do with this afternoon system issue

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Nab_S

Very sad that they haven't fixed this yet. I've been getting this error since the new points system was released.

Yes, that error caused when the system got confused for the old rewards members.  It was trying to show the Points system on old rewards members and hence Ooops  🙂

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@softech just said he is having issues as well. It may be for people who are currently under the old rewards I am sure it will be resolved in a timely fashion

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nab_S   Maybe try rebooting your devices before another attempt.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Good to hear the new points rewards have one (tiny) advantage.. 😊

Nab_S

So maybe something is wrong with my account.. since everyone's is working? I have no idea what to try anymore, I've tried signing in on 3 different devices. Nothing works.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

lol I just tried to sign in and it worked exquisitely. It brought right into my points/reward page without even that error screen where I have to click return.

So it looks like there is one thing that the new program is superior at compared to the old program....and probably literally the only thing

Nab_S

I have been getting the error since the new points system was added.

Nab_S

It's been like this since they've added the new points system, same error, I've been waiting for them to fix this but it doesn't seem to be getting fixed.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nab_S   PM often has website glitches, so just wait an hour before retrying.  Always a good idea to clear your browser cache/cookies before logging into your accounts though.

@Nab_S   No worry, you didn't get migrated into the Point system.  

I cannot see my old reward and I got the same Oops screen.  I guess it is a system issue.  So, sit back and try again later tonight

Nab_S

Pressing return reloads the page and the same error pops up on the screen.

Nab_S

I just tried both, neither worked

JL9
Mayor / Maire

At least every time I have got that error screen, one extra click on return seems to get me past it with no issue.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I think it is just a glitch currently. If you just click on Return it should bring you the rewards page and be in good working order. Hopefully they fix that little hiccup soon.

Lovely2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Nab_S 

try to do clear cache and cookies and use inPrivate mode.

Nab_S

Just tried it on edge and my phone, both have the same error message.

@Nab_S   I think no worry. The screen you got, I got it sometimes.  It likely because the system opened the wrong page (Points instead of old rewards) and hence it said something wrong

So, you just need to clear cache and restart your browser, or try on another browser (Edge/Firefox/Chrome) or use Incognito mode , or use another computer and test

Nab_S

I don't see an option to opt it, as soon as I log in, all I see is this no matter what I click.

Nab_S_0-1648152221540.png

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nab_S   If you activated Jan. 25th/2022 or after, then you need to log into the Rewards page using the same email/password as for your self serve account and you will see the option to enter for the contest.  Here's the link to the Rewards login:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards

edit: @Nab_S    Reminder that if you opt into the new points system you'll lose the $2/30 days autopay discount and will instead get  5% off all payments and purchasing add-ons.  And there's no option to return to the old rewards.

Nab_S

I joined on Wednesday December 15th, 2021.

Nab_S

I can't find the option to opt in though.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nab_S   To enter the contest you need to be on the new points rewards system and it's strongly advised for longer term customers to not switch to the new points system as the old rewards offer much better value and once you switch, you'll not be able to go back to the old rewards.

When you did you activate?

Here's a thread about the new points:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points-Rewards/td-p/...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That's an irreversible choice. People here would say don't do it.

Need Help? Let's chat.