cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default password for Voicemail?

keepasa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

On new account activations, is there a default voicemail PIN code that gets setup?  For example the last digits of the SIM card perhaps?

I'm assuming the default voicemail PIN is different than the PM account PIN which is used on 611 during purchases?  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@Lehaha what do you never have? Voicemail or PIN?

if VM, please follow the posts above. 

For PIN, you will need to contact PM to reset.  You can use the Chabot thr lower right to open ticket with PM.  On Chatbot, 

Type: forgot log in information

click "Contact Us"

click " Click here to submit a ticket"

you will then directed to another page to open the ticket

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community inbox (top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

Lehaha
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I never have it 

There is no default password for voice mail.

To access your vmail you have to access it from your cell phone to set it up.

After that initial set up, you can access vmail either from your cell phone (uses your minutes if you are on $15 plan) or from any other phone calling access number and entering your PIN, following prompts.

Write down your PIN to avoid future questions 'I forgot my PIN, what to do..' 😁😋

keepasa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hTideGnow Thanks for the info.  Normally voicemail isn't setup with new activations, even if they do it in-store.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@keepasa  when you call your voicemail the first time, they should give you a chance to setup the password

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

@keepasa 

Reset Your Voicemail Password

You can change your voicemail password using Self-Serve or by dialing into voicemail.Log in to Self-Serve here link,, then click on ‘Reset Voicemail Password’ under My Profile, on the Overview tab.From voicemail, follow these steps:

1. Attempt to dial into your voicemail with a password you remember.
  2. After two incorrect attempts, the system will ask you if you want a temporary password: press ‘*’ and then ‘1’ to request it.
  3. Check your text messages. You should receive a temporary password in a few minutes.
  4. Once you have your temporary password, use it to access your voicemail, and follow the prompts to create a new password.

If you already know your password, but want to change it using your phone, here’s how. Dial into your voicemail. From the main menu, follow the arrows in the below visual.

Set up Voicemail,

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@keepasa , if you have forgotten the voicemail password, you can reset it using this help article. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reset-your-voicemail-password

Need Help? Let's chat.