cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't retrieve voicemail messages

kenddeboo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

voicemail now is asking for a password in order to retrieve messages. Never had too use password before.

7 REPLIES 7

Ok thanks for the reply. I have always had a password.  So it wouldn't pertain to me. 

But I didn't know there was a notification sent. 

I appreciate your reply. 

ShirleyHuo

I have deleted the text message that I received. But I recall it was around 10 days ago or 2 weeks ago. I did set up my password through the link provided in that message. You can also click your voice message box to see if there’s any messages from Public Mobile. TBH I even forget my password d already that I need re-set on my account on website again. 

@ShirleyHuo  do recall when Public Mobile sent out such message? I don't recall getting that.

ShirleyHuo

You can log into your account on either Public Mobile website or phone app, under your account, you can set or update a password for your voice messages. Public Mobile has sent out a notification regarding setting a password for your voice messages to safeguard your personal data, and there was a link in that text message that you can easier set up. If you can’t find that text messages, it is totally fine, as I mentioned earlier, log into app or online website, you can still easily set it up. 

@Sansan wrote:

@kenddeboo  try this link see if it will help you.

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/reset/pin

@kenddeboo 

I'm not sure that this is a case of the voicemail password being forgotten,  or this is a question of why you're being prompted for the voicemail password.

@Sansan 

Unfortunately, if we assume that the voicemail password has been forgotten, the link that you have provided will not help. The account PIN and voicemail password are unrelated to each other.  Resetting the account PIN will not change the voicemail password.  Those are two separate codes.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@kenddeboo  try this link see if it will help you.

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/reset/pin

@kenddeboo wrote:

voicemail now is asking for a password in order to retrieve messages. Never had too use password before.

Are you calling from your cell phone or from a different phone number.  When calling from a different phone number, the voicemail system will always ask for your voicemail password.  You'll also be prompted for your voicemail password if you've recently started blocking your outgoing call display.

Need Help? Let's chat.