Data not working

Davis_Stanko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone and plan:

iPhone XS on IOS 15.4

$40 per 30 days

5GB at 3G Speed + Call and Text

Problem:

My plan reset on the 8th and although I've been able to receive Texts and Calls I've yet to be able to use my data.

Whenever I try apple gives me a pop up saying:

Could not activate cellular data network

Turn on cellular data or use Wi-Fi to access data.

Obviously I have cellular data turned on.

I have not used any data this month and I have 5gb +2gb +500mb left.

I have done a network reset.

If it matters I've noticed I've been on TELUS towers instead of public Mobile recently.

9 REPLIES 9

Davis_Stanko

The update fixed it! Sorry for the late response, my internet is really slow so the update took a while. Thanks everyone.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Davis_Stanko 

If all fails, you need to remove IOS 15.4 beta 3 and install IOS 15.3.1 public version.

Oh, my... Installing, removing OS is such a piece of cake (joking). I hope OP is Not an average user but experienced with upgrades, downgrades, jailbreaks, etc.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Davis_Stanko 

If all fails, you need to remove IOS 15.4 beta 3 and install IOS 15.3.1 public version.

actually, the APN fix is not needed if upgrade to beta 3 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@VIP_Tech 

Lol...you and your "beam me up scottie" clipboard!

@Davis_Stanko 

Use the link supplied by @VIP_Tech  to update your carrier profile for your updated iOS.

Edit:

Scratch that then since you haven't even gotten that far yet....your safe at third base.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Davis_Stanko wrote:

I'll try updating to beta 3 not, I'll let you know if it works when its done.

@Davis_Stanko   should be no issue, there are multiple customers confirmed that this is resolved after Beta 3 installed.  It was an APN issue on Beta 1 and 2.  Glad Apple had it fixed

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/No-internet-cellular-data-on-iPhone-with-...

Davis_Stanko

I'll try updating to beta 3 not, I'll let you know if it works when its done.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Davis_Stanko   is your voice working?

just want to confirm what iOS version you have?  if you have iOS 15.4, it might be the reason.  There has been confirmed issued with iOS 15.4 beta 1 and beta 2, a quick fix is to update the iOS to 15.4 beta 3

if not iOS issue, try to put your SIM in another phone and check

Need Help? Let's chat.