cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer history

Bottomshelf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My apologies if this question has been posted before.  I've spent about 15 minutes searching for the answer in my self-serve account.

Is here anywhere in my self-serve account I can find out how long I have been a Public Mobile customer?

I've looked at the "Transaction History" page but it doesn't appear to go back further than 2020 in my case.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

@LurganIeUk wrote:

That's a tough one. 

Contact a MOD

Check old credit card statements

Look at your total dollar value of auto-pay and divide by 2. Ie. $26 = 13 months 

Look at your next renewal date and put on a digital calendar like on an iPhone or and then ask it to repeat every 30 days. But you will have to guess on some start dates from 13 months ago. 

But there might be some calendars online (or build on excel) that allow you to put in your next renewal date and then minus it in increments of 30 days. I did find one like that a couple of months ago. 

If that works then you would have to go one more month back....auto-pay does not work for the first month....because you sign up for it (I think) to kick in on your second payment. 

I'm not sure that a moderator would provide this information.  The activation date is actually one of the quetsions that are asked for security reasons when yuou're trying to get them to make changes to the account.

As for credit card or bank account statements, these mgiht not always be entirely accurate either.  Payments made by Visa Debit might be dated as the next business day.  As for credit card statements, they might not always show the transaction date, but sometimes only the posted date.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Bottomshelf  Another indirect way, once you have passed 13 months is to click My Rewards and look up total Loyalty reward. You'll have $12 after 2yrs, $36 after 3 yrs, .... Assumes your account was never suspended of course.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bottomshelf : Another place is texts from 611. You get your PIN texted to you at activation. The datestamp would be then. You might also find it on your SIM.

Yes it would be nice if many things were available to us on the self-serve. Alas.

@Bottomshelf wrote:

Thanks!

I followed your suggestion and was able to find an old email response.   

What if, I didn't keep any of my old emails?  shouldn't  the information should be in my self-serve account somewhere?

Also, if you didn't keep your old e-mails, you could always use a  'search' function on payment card records to see when the first transaction from Public Mobile appeared on your registered payment card.  (this history may or may not be available depending on your payment card provider retaining policy)

[EDIT  @Bottomshelf   I looked over the self-serve.   Don't see anywhere that an initial date is mentioned - it's a good idea though.  Fortunately, you stated the date in your initial post so you know for certain based on your own words back then.   I suppose one could always ask a Moderator to check as they probably have an initial account date on their own systems. ]

It should be in your self serve account, but it isn't thanks to PM.

Bottomshelf

Thanks. 

One way or another your solution works.

Is there no definitive was to find out this info, other than looking for an old email or searching My Community posts?

Bottomshelf

Thanks!

I followed your suggestion and was able to find an old email response.   

What if, I didn't keep any of my old emails?  shouldn't  the information should be in my self-serve account somewhere?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Bottomshelf 

Here's your answer, I just looked back for your first post on the Community and you state you're a new customer since March 23, 2019:

HALIMACS_1-1615754683683.png

Here's the thread URL if you want to go back and review it:

Outgoing calls to 778-580-4001 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Bottomshelf

Thanks for your help.

Your suggestion would approximate the date I became a customer.  Just curious, I was looking for a more definitive answer.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Bottomshelf...

I clicked on your avitar...says you've had a Community account since March 25, 2019...sound about right ?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

That's a tough one. 

Contact a MOD

Check old credit card statements

Look at your total dollar value of auto-pay and divide by 2. Ie. $26 = 13 months 

Look at your next renewal date and put on a digital calendar like on an iPhone or and then ask it to repeat every 30 days. But you will have to guess on some start dates from 13 months ago. 

But there might be some calendars online (or build on excel) that allow you to put in your next renewal date and then minus it in increments of 30 days. I did find one like that a couple of months ago. 

If that works then you would have to go one more month back....auto-pay does not work for the first month....because you sign up for it (I think) to kick in on your second payment. 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

How about checking the date you started your community account. It'll be pretty close.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try searching for your welcoming email when you signed up for your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.