cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional call forwarding BROKEN

___
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the people that were affected by the March 2023 outage, they can no longer use the conditional call forwarding codes: when you enter the code, it says “unknown request error”. 

When can this be fixed?

48 REPLIES 48

oldandgrumpy

I have it working on my Pixel 7 (VoLTE on PM).

Steps:

1. Change preferred network type from LTE/5G to 3G
  2. Use the MMI codes as shown in "How to Set Up Call Forwarding" .  I used *004*
  3. Test call forwarding
  4. Change preferred network type back to LTE or 5G
  5. Test call forwarding

I successfully enabled it in the fall and it worked flawlessly until a few days ago.  Went through the steps again, and it works properly as before.  

HTH

MYTH-BUSTER

OFFICIAL RESPONSE:

MYTHBUSTER_0-1695513779633.png

Apparently my Galaxy S9+ is obsolete even though it supports VoLTE.

@MYTH-BUSTER 

AFAIK, this is not fixed. But if you have a newer phone and using VoLTE for voice, check with support and they might be able to fix it for you

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

MYTH-BUSTER

Has this been fixed for anyone?  Has anyone found a solution?  It is still not working for me.  This is ridiculous.

@raymond1180 

you can engage them here by direct message 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

raymond1180
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can you create a ticket? the chatbot sends me a broken link

smurfit

Agent told me that it is a Volte only feature now, so if your phone is not on their volte whitelist, you are out of luck. They seem to be catering to customers only interested in speed i.e. 5G, LTE etc. I for one have never been concerned about the speed I get using a mobile phone browser. I care about useful features like conditional call forwarding!

ckl88

Hi.

Is this still a problem for everyone? I'm having issues doing the conditional call forward. I had it setup a while ago to forward incoming calls when missed or busy and noticed that it wasn't doing it anymore. Then I noticed that the settings have all reset to off. Now I cannot set it up again because it comes back with "Unexpected response from network"

Always forward still works, but I only want to forward when missed or busy or unanswered.

Thanks.

smurfit

I submitted a ticket about this and was told "conditional" call forwarding is not a service they offer...even though I used it previously for years AND they have a webpage describing it in detail...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Is there anyone that has it working? I miss my voicemail to text capabilty

oldandgrumpy

This doesn't appear to work on lines that haven't been converted to VoLTE yet.  The error messages remain the same.

@frankysplace   in the end you still leave your voice back to 3G?

I think Support can fix it from the system side

frankysplace

Hear how I got my You Mail to work after being upgraded to VoLTE on my iPhone 8 Plus. In settings go to cellular. Then cellular data options, tap voice and data and select 3G. Then reset your iPhone or toggle airplane mode switch on/off. Then, this for the the Toronto You Mail forwarding number. You can replace with your local You Mail forwarding number. Dial this number in your dialer *004*6476941780*30#. You can set the number of rings by setting the time in seconds. I chose 30 sec *30 After that set your data options back to LTE and reset your iPhone. I think the issue is these are gsm codes thus they only work if you are on the 3G network. I have confirmed that you can only call forward conditional when VoLTE is disabled. Once you re-enable it. It will revert back to your default voice mail system. To enable LTE remember to toggle the airplane mode switch on/off.

oldandgrumpy

Yeah, unconditional still works.  Conditional to PM VM still works on the back-end but can't be changed by users.

The call-forwarding screen should not appear blank like this even though PM voicemail is enabled:

Screenshot_20230319-141641.png

oldandgrumpy

They know this affects most if not all customers.  Since few actually use conditional call forwarding it's not being noticed by many.  But they know, and according to Level 2 support their back-end systems team is working on the solution.  Tech said they (back-end) are a bit puzzled by where the cause is.

Although this isn't that important to most, it's still a large group of customers given that it's apparently all of Telus. 

re VoLTE, tech mentioned that it's been turned on for PM, but not yet enabled for *most* customers.

I guess it's all less for less. So you got yer volte...well then we'll be having back that call forwarding ha ha ha take that you cheap customers.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Nezgar   you have a ticket with CS agent? did they reply you ?  

I do from my VoLTE enablement, and the conditional forwarding issue was a secondary concern that they didn't seem aware of yet on Friday but said they'd escalate it internally if needed and that's what prompted my to post asking for others to test. So I will reply back to them soon with the links to a couple threads here showing that others are having the same issue, not just me.

HI @Nezgar   you have a ticket with CS agent? did they reply you ?  

"unconditional" call forwarding still works for me, it's just the "conditional" forwards, which are "locked in" to the default voicemail service, even though they appear to be not set from the forwarding screen, or when querying by dialing the codes *#61#, *#62#, or *#67#, and trying to set them results in an error.

"unconditional" forwarding works, and can be set and cleared at will via the phone menu, or via *21/##21#

[My line is post VoLTE conversion]. Back of my mind is thinking this may be the new permanent way the service works, and they may just give up and claim you can't anymore because call forwarding wasn't really an advertised capability of the plans... (Though they give comprehensive instructions how to do so in the help articles...)

So I finally tested call forwarding what with the prior conversation with another customer @Williamlu1166 and indeed call forwarding isn't settable in the dialer. At least unanswered. I don't have volte either. Unlike that other customer it doesn't consume a minute when it does in fact end up dropping to voicemail. The no answer dial code also doesn't work.

oldandgrumpy

Just received a call (on March 19) from Tier 2 Telus support.  According to them it's a nation-wide issue affecting all Telus brands.  They're working on a solution.  They will send out a mass notification once it's resolved.  

PM customer support can't change anything on our accounts to fix this, so no further point in getting trouble tickets. 

___

Yup Apparently.  Network (Mis)programming/coding error

___

They called again…apparently a system wide issue , all brands including Telus and Koodo, and they are trying to figure out how to fix to restore call forwarding including  conditional call forwarding for all customers. 

___

Correct

___

PM said the in phone app settings will also not work as they simply send those same codes to the network in the background, and the issue is that their network is now having trouble interpreting those codes.  

Thanks @___   for the update.

So, at least now we know it is a problem with all brands, not just us  

___

None are working. PM called me and said that the voice update they did caused the call fwd to stop working across all brands (Telus, PM, Kodoo) for some users who got the update… they are trying to fix for all they said. …date TBD. 

[ok ............ Luddite]

@Word-Nerd  there is no update will send to your phone.  Any update we are talking about here would be just a system wide update on the system side, not on your phone

PM can refresh your account if there is an issue, but it is a process as requested

the only "update" it might happen is on iPhone, Carrier profile.  But it is more a setting for your phone, like those APN settings.   The carrier update are usually pushed or pulled by your phone automatically.  But this is not somthing you can stop or you can go back to older version

You were using the phone for text only/.  You likely not affected by the whole issue as it was affecting voice only

Word-Nerd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Would it be correct to infer from what the customer who posted the original comment wrote : that “...it still works if you didn’t get the refresh update” that these service problems were caused by a system update?

My Public Mobile phone is used almost exclusively for text messages and receiving calls and very rarely for connecting to the internet (with a secure connection at school).

Can such “system updates” (or “refresh updates”, as the original commenter called them) be installed on a phone when it is not connected to the internet?

If not, will such updates be forced on the phone’s operating system later, if it is connected to the internet (for a brief period of time)?

Can a customer set the phone (or account) so that such updates are blocked (from being installed on a phone) unless and until the customer consents (grants permission)? If so, how does one set these permissions?

The system crash which began on Wednesday (and was fixed by the late evening of Friday) may have done something negative to my account here, but that will be documented in another post tomorrow or Tuesday, when I have more time.

Thank you in advance for any answers to the questions posed above. Your help is appreciated.

hi @Word-Nerd thr problem was only with voice, started on Wed.  It was fixed late Friday night but some still experiencing some voice issue

So far, text and data are not affected 

Word-Nerd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Don't have much time right now, so I will just post this quickly and check later for a response.  My P. M. phone is used infrequently (compared to how much most people use a phone) and almost entirely for text messages. 

Was there a system wide service outage yesterday?  What date and time did it begin?  What time was service restored? 

Please indicate what time zone you are using to indicate the times.

If it didn't occur yesterday, what date did it begin and end?

Thank you for your help. 

Need Help? Let's chat.