cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional call forwarding BROKEN

___
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the people that were affected by the March 2023 outage, they can no longer use the conditional call forwarding codes: when you enter the code, it says “unknown request error”. 

When can this be fixed?

48 REPLIES 48

@izzybee   PM agent might have to refresh your account on their end.

Have you open a ticket with them yet?  If not, please do so now

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

izzybee

My phone isnt working at all. I can't make or receive calls. This is a serious problem and I cant get help

Codes are so yesterday.  Apps have settings that are much more user friendly.  

Interesting...  Normally dialing ##004# would reset any conditional call forwards to a voicemail number like @will13am 's screenshot, but to achieve the call forward settings shown by manually programming them, you would dial these codes (if not using the call forwarding menu entries in the phone app)

*004*16475804001#

or all three separately

*61*16475804001#

*62*16475804001#

*67*16475804001#

After programming via any of the above 4 methods, you can (normally) manually query the 3 conditional call forward settings by dialing each of these codes to confirm whether the settings "took":

*#61#

*#62#

*#63#

I'm curious if any/all of these codes no longer seem work, or produce an error when trying... When you use the phone app to set conditional call forwards, these are the codes that it's really sending under the hood to the network anyway...

Dialer is referring to the phone app.  Within the app there should be forwarding settings.  The default is to forward to voicemail for options.    

I was an affected customer yesterday.  I checked the call forwarding settings and they were all turned off.  I set them back to forward to my voicemail.  So looks like whatever account reset was done to correct the calling problem left accounts with forwarding turned off.  This is what it should look like for forwarding to voicemail.  The call forwarding setting is buried in the dialer settings, location depending on which dialer is being used on the phone. 

Screenshot_20230304-212649.png

Hi @___   thanks for the update, it's good they call you back, this does not happen often

let us know when it is resolved.

___

okay thanks. I submitted ticket and they even called me, but they can’t figure out  why it stopped working … (it still works if you DIDN’T get the refresh update) 

HI @___   I don't think iPhone has menu to setup conditional forward lke Android, at least I always just use * code on iPhone

I think you need to submit a ticket with PM cs agent 

___

okay thanks. I submitted ticket but they don’t know why it stopped working …

Hi @___   what phone do you have ?

___

Thanks - What are the dialer settings?

HI @___   Try also using the dialer Settings and set call forwarding from there

If still does not work, I think you really need to submit a ticket to CS agent for help then

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

___

Thanks. Just tried it  it said “ unknown error performing request, reset settings failed“

@___ wrote:

How do I reset it to default? Whenever you enter one of the star codes for forwarding the message back is “unknown request error”

hi @___ 

##004#

after it is reset back to default, try conditional call forwarding again

___

How do I reset it to default? Whenever you enter one of the star codes for forwarding the message back is “unknown request error”

___

I did that,  but they’re not sure how to fix it? Any ideas anyone?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

H i@___   try to reset the forward to default first and try again with conditional forward from there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@___  Sounds like a question for support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.