cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing phone number

MPL2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. How do i change my phone number to a specific one?

10 REPLIES 10

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr @I never said op can select the last 4 digits I said only play with them by hitting the refresh button as you said to find something op may like 

@MPL2020   @Handy1   AFAIA you cannot select the last four digits of any number when changing numbers in My Account.  I think it was allowed in the past with CSA's help when first activating the account but not sure if PM still facilitate that. 

@MPL2020   Your best option is to keep refreshing the list of available numbers and hopefully you'll get a number you like eventually.

Hit the refresh show more options looks like this yellow spinner thing in this pic 

Handy1_0-1673117466661.jpeg

Refresh pagee.                                ^^^            

MPL2020

I got to that point. But just could not figure out how to change the last 4 digits.

@MPL2020 

You can also change your phone number, up to 4 times a month for free.

Good to know, in case you get one you don't like.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MPL2020 @You can’t be be guaranteed a specific number but you can sign into public mobile and under profile change my number and pick another city is to have another area code that matches where you moved even if it’s just a couple hours away . And even then you can play with the last 4 digits of your phone number of what’s available from the page … just follow the prompts it’s easy to check out and at no time do you even have to change your number while searching thru available numbers pm has for use 

@MPL2020 

No, you'll have to choose from what is offered to you in a list.

You can keep refreshing the page, so you get a new list and find a phone number you like, though.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@MPL2020 you cannot charge to specific one you want.   Agent usually won't assign specific number you want.  Also, it depends if P. actually owns that number 

You can try your luck by login  to My Account  and click change number,  pick the numbers from  what provided there

MPL2020

can I choose a new number and customize the last 4 digits

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@MPL2020 

You change your phone number from inside your account but you can't choose a specific one.

You can also port in your current phone number from another provider, from inside your account too.

Need Help? Let's chat.