Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The amount of minutes used up differs from Usage history

Laddy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Laddy  to add to @Quigley 's post, if you are adding up minutes from your voicemail phone number in the detailed usage, it normally ends in the 4 digits 4001, then check if it says in the details under:

1. "Originating Location" these DO NOT use outgoing minutes.
  2. "Province your voicemail box is pinging to" these DO use outgoing minutes.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Laddy 

Keep in mind the PM is on a 30 day cycle and check if your app on a monthly your phone. All calls are round up to the next minute.

The information on your account is refresh twice in 24 hours but it is more accurate.

@Laddy  Usage history page can be about 12 hours late with data usage.

Also, were you using filter on the usage page to filter outgoing calls and add up then?  there is a problem with the filter on the usage page, you can check my observation in this post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Usage-History-page-Filter-problem/td-p/84...

What you can do so you can get the correct usage on the usage page is to download the usage history in XLS and then add then filter it on Excel and add them up 

@Laddy 

Self serve is correct, regardless of what your device may or may not display.

But as provided earlier, you must either refresh the self-serve screen as shown, or login using an incognito tab or private tab if Apple iPhone.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Laddy 

That's why to get the lastest information and most accurate, you should login to your account using a browser in incognito or private mode instead.

Then do a refresh of your overview page using the little circular refresh wheel.

Also, checking your voicemail from your mobile phone, also uses up minutes from your calling minutes allotment.

Laddy

As well, it show that I've used up 50 mb of data in two days when usage history shows that I haven't used anything.

Laddy

Usage history shows that I used up less than two minutes in my new cycle. The plan says that I've used up 22 minutes.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

How do you compare 'minutes used up' with Usage history?

Every call 1-59 seconds is considered 1 minute.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Laddy @Try again incognito mode /private mode there are cane issues or refresh page to see up to date account information 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Laddy 

Bear in mind that public mobile bills by the minute, so even a partial minute call always rounds up to the next minute.

In order to view an up-to-date version of the self-serve site, make sure you have cleared cache and cookies and use an incognito tab to log in.

• Try clearing cache and cookies and opening an incognito tab
  • Try using a completely different browser from a completely different device which does not have stored/remembered credentials
  • If using a device with stored/remembered credentials on Chrome browser, sometimes when these autofill, the device also attempts to automatically log you in.  If a device does this, do not tap the sign in button while it is trying to log you in as it will deliver an error message

Also, try tapping the highlighted area when logged into self-serve for a refreshed page version:

HALIMACS_0-1673104528917.png

Need Help? Let's chat.