cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number from Public mobile to Koodo without my public mobile SIM card

Jill5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a new plan from Koodo, but I could not transfer my number at the store because their system was down. They gave me a temporary number and told me to call Koodo later and transfer my number from public mobile. My plan with Public mobile is paid for this month, but I threw my public mobile SIM card out and put a new SIM card in. Now I can not answer “YES” to their text message to approve my transfer from public mobile to Koodo. Is there any other way to give permission to my transfer without connecting to my phone since I don’t have my old SIM card (public mobile) anymore.

6 REPLIES 6

Jill5

Thank you for your comment!

I called the number that I got from this thread. It was Telus but helped me to transfer the number.

glad it works

Jill5

Thank you for your PM. I called the number, and the staff told me that he authorized my transfer request, and just wait for the message, but it did not happen. I called again and this time the staff was with me until it completed the transfer. 

Appreciate your help!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jill5 

I will private message you the number to help with porting. (I believe the service may help facilitate, even though it is from p.m. to koodo.

To check your private messages, look at the envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon on the upper right.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jill5 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jill5   usually this cannot be done.  But since Koodo and PM are both owned by Telus, there is a chance

Open a ticket with PM Support and explain the situation and see if they can take your "verbal" approval

Even they refuse to , go back and ask Koodo , Koodo Support might be able to do something as well

To open ticket , please use Chatboth:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.