cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Make Outgoing Calls With Unlimited Provincial Calling

qwerty6783
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a plan with unlimited provincial calling but almost every time I try to make a local call I get a message that says I am out of minutes. Once every ~15 times or so I try an outbound call it works. I am in Ontario with a 343-XXX-XXXX number if that makes any difference.

This issue started maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I have had this plan for around 4 years with no issue.

Inbound calls, SMS and data work fine all the time.

Things I have tried:

- Rebooting phone

- Taking SIM out waiting a few minutes and putting it back in

Please advise. I don't want to be stuck in an emergency without the ability to make calls.

5 REPLIES 5

qwerty6783
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone.

I actually just decided to switch to a new plan with Canada-wide calling. I didn't realize they brought back LTE data plans.

Cheers.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@qwerty6783   You'll be able to make 911 calls on your cell phone, even without an active plan or no SIM in the phone. 

However, you shouldn't be experiencing this problem and a few others seem to also be having the same issue, so contacting support is probably a good idea so that PM becomes aware of a new trending glitch.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Recently we hear more and more similar complaints. You can contact agent and request explanation.

On the other hand, why don't you switch to Canada wide calling plan? More flexibility, unless your current plan offers you way more than any of current plans?

Did you try adding '1' in front of area code (even if it is the same area code)?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@qwerty6783 there  have been many posts about this problem lately,  please open ticket with PM support and have them chexk:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@qwerty6783   Try placing a 1 first before dialing.  Also, try switching to the 3G network in your phone settings, to see if that makes a difference.

Need Help? Let's chat.