cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling subscription

Wrascal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I plan to sign up with Koodoo today and I am wondering about being billed for my next month's payment for Public. The payment comes off my credit card on July 30. If I switch to Koodoo today, July 29, is it too late to stop the payment for the 30th?

I can't see anywhere online where I can cancel my subscription.

15 REPLIES 15

@Wrascal   I can't see where to disable auto payments.

Since you toggled subscribe off, you have disabled auto payments.  You just need to get the porting done today as it can sometimes take several hours.   You need to start the porting process with Koodo.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Wrascal, have you gone into your Public Mobile app and confirmed on the first screen that renewal is for tomorrow?

HI @Wrascal 

yes, you can still port to Koodo with autopay disabled. But you have to do so while your account is active.  Since today is your last day, you have to activate Koodo account today and request porting.  

But you are lucky, if the port someone not done today, Koodo has way to move the number over even account is not active (since both PM and Koodo owned by Telus, same system)

Wrascal

Yes, I am keeping my same number.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you can disable it , but you have to port to Koodo before the end of the current cycle. 

Wrascal

Okay. I found out how to disable subscribe, but if that is off, can I still port to Koodoo? I can't see where to disable auto payments.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Porting is the mobile term to transfer your number from one service provider to another

So, you want to keep your phone number ? then you need to "port" your number over.  When you activate with the new service provider, you will be asked to pick a new number or transfer (port) 

eddieO

@Wrascal porting = transferring your old number so that you can continue to use the same phone number. 

FYI, Public Mobile actually works on a 30 day cycle, not the full month, so on months that are 31 days the renewal date will change

Wrascal

Porting means when Koodoo signs me up? I just wasn't sure if the payment is already in play this close to the subscription renewal. I can't see where to toggle off on my account.

HI @Wrascal 

porting out means move your phone number to the new carrier.   You can get the account number from My Account's Profile.  When you activate Koodo, just provide your phone number and the PM account number

PM is on 30 days cycle,  so today is the LAST day of this cycle and you need to port to Koodo today or PM will charge you another cycle when mid-night comes

you can turn off autopay first, if you want, but you need to port your account today, number from an inactivate account cannot be ported

to turn off autopay, login My Account, Subscription , and click Manage Subscription and you can disable Subscribed there

Wrascal

My subscription is good until July 30. June 30-July 30.

Wrascal

Ok. I'm not sure what porting out means. I am buying a new phone and I waited until the month was up because I wanted to use my time. My subscription cycle is June 30-July 30. I don't know how to toggle off subscribe. I'm not on the app. I'm on my computer and I don't see where to do that.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@Wrascal 

port to Koodo today , now, so you can complete the whole process today.  You should have enough time

And once the port is done today, your PM account will be closed automatically, no need to manually do anything to stop the payment tomorrow

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Wrascal   Today might be cutting it a bit fine, and if your PM plan renews there is no pro-rated refund.  Your PM account must remain active for your number to be transferred to Koodo although agents might be able to help out since it's all under the Telus umbrella.   If your payment really is due on 30th and not the 29th you can toggle off subscribe in your account and that should stop the payment.

eddieO

@Wrascal are you transferring your old number? If so, the process of porting will auto close your Public Mobile account so you shouldn't have to do anything else

If porting out just make sure you leave the PM SIM card in your phone until you receive a text message confirming you want to port out, you will need to respond Yes within 90 minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.