cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive pictures from Iphone on Messages

Beach111
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an Android Phone using the Google Messages App for my messaging.  I have Mobile Date enabled and have my APN set as per Public Mobile guidelines.   I am able to send pictures to and receive pictures from, another Android phone using Messages.  However if another person, using an iphone, tries to send me a picture, all I get is that annoying circle as it tries to download.  The sending iphone person is also using the Telus network.  I am perplexed as I would have thought the SMS protocol provides a transparent communication protocol.  Any suggestions?   Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

SeniorCitizen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your friend should:

1. Should make sure the text is sent to your phone number

2. Text will be in green bubble. 
3. iPhone MUST have data turned on (wifi won’t work)

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Beach111  I would have thought the SMS protocol

Picture messages are not SMS they are MMS and, while SMS does not require cellular data to be on, MMS does.  So make sure you have MMS enabled and cellular data turned on, not wifi.  This used to happen with my Android because I didn't leave data on all the time so when a MMS message came in it would not download until I enabled data.  It seems that the iPhone likely has MMS enabled and data on since the messages seem to be sending but just not downloading at your end but that would be another thing to check as @hTideGnow  mentioned.

Beach111
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can receive text messages from the iphone sender, it seems to restrict receiving pictures

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Beach111 

ask your friend to send to your via MMS. They might need to go back to the message and click on the message and select Send as Text

Need Help? Let's chat.