cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel

KeeganM1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to cancel my account. I need to get off pre authorized payments. I can't sign into my account. The verification code won't send to my email 

33 REPLIES 33

HI @Scotty4 

and both account are paid by the same credit card? would be easier if they are paid seperately

and to have agent help,   please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Scotty4- Are you able to login to his account? Or, do you know his 4 digit account pin? Does his account use a different credit card from yours?
There's no "speaking" to a live agent. It's all typing here and in private messaging.

Scotty4

Im a senior and I'm trying to cancel my husbands phone number but keep mine how do i speak to a live agent 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@LitlLdy 

It appears that @KeeganM1 has gone awol. 

I would also with some of the drama & disrespect on some of these posts along with such very poor customer support from so many CS_Agents! It takes a lot of energy out of some of us along with a lot of time!

Again, I apologize to @KeeganM1 !

Hi @CountyDownIeUk , I agree OP probably gone.   

But it is a win-win situation,  OP got the help, and hopefully @Handy1 also learned something and adjust his style of posting.  LoL

@LitlLdy 

It appears that @KeeganM1 has gone awol. 

@KeeganM1 , I want to apologize, it seems your post has gotten out of hand by other customers posting remarks to each other that had nothing to do with you or your post. They should have created their own post to address their issues with each other or sent a private message to deal with each other’s issues. At least 13 messages on your post from other customers had nothing to do with you!

Please come back and let us know if any of us can help you. If not please contact CS Agents for help. I can understand your frustration here. I’m also fed up with all of it! I wish you all the best.

Hi @Handy1  your comment about other suggested you to edit might be referring me.  You surely smart person, you definitely posting in a way for your best interest

@Tsawwassen wrote:

Hey get so worked up? - Why not just not make your next plan payment and start a plan with another cell provider?

It appears that @KeeganM1 wants to stay but is exhausted and disappointed with either getting help or with help supplied so far. 

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey get so worked up? - Why not just not make your next plan payment and start a plan with another cell provider?

I think the focus was off a bit

I admire your big heart to reply immediately to advise OP to remove the phone number.  This is to OP's best interest and was a correct move 

But the question was why you come back and add the "main course" to the original post and not start a new reply.   That was a questionable move

for the ongoing Etiquette dicussion, yes it was sidetracked a bit (sorry @KeeganM1 ) but  I wouldn't call it  Hijack, Instead I will call it a constructive and meaningful discussion.  

Yes I hijacked I said and saying it agin you can’t help indulge yourself and having the last word doesn’t make you correct 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@KeeganM1 

Hi. I would suggest you post your issue with a few details here. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/What-has-happened-to-the-quality-of-PM-cu...

Issues, how many accounts and age of each account etc. 

@darlicious 

@CountyDownIeUk maybe we should find out what the issue is before we start directing them to other threads

@ShawnC13 

Excellent guidance!!! Either way I DID suggest that the OP could be more informative. It's, my opinion only, that this is possibly another customer that has not been treated respectfully, and that PM will be the cause of the losses and perhaps could bolster the thread mentioned.   

“hijacked” ?

I don’t believe I was part of a ‘hijacking’ you believe occurred on this thread.  It appears two other members were simply discussing ‘editing etiquette’ in a mature and grown-up way.

I don’t view that as hijacking.

Then you made a comment which I’m guessing may have referred to me?  I could be mistaken, perhaps the insinuation you made was in reference to other users. 

Who knows 🤷‍♀️🤷🏻‍♂️ 😎

@HALIMACS  just reread this whole thread outlines my whole point , anywyas like I also said before I’m only here for short time , and I’m going back to play fortnight with grown ups .. and all this banter on op thread who just wants to cancel there plan … gets hijacked with views of etiquette 

@Handy1 , 

Hmmm… Let’s talk etiquette.

Repeatedly using someone else’s pictorial creations?

Labelling other members as “cheaters” with no evidence of such provided? ( your earlier post to @softech & I )

Insulting other members “manliness” in prior posts.  Seriously!  🤣🤣.  

Those kinds of prior comments should be left to private messaging (if at all), and they were appropriately removed by @computergeek541 

Those practices may not garner bravos from some.

Coincidentally, I’ve noticed that even though I have bravoed you once in a while recently, it is not reciprocal.

So there we go.

And here we are.

@

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@KeeganM1 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/What-has-happened-to-the-quality-of-PM-cu...

@darlicious 

@CountyDownIeUk maybe we should find out what the issue is before we start directing them to other threads

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@dust2dust   I agree however in this instance that’s not the case no one addressed the elephant in the room about op personal info was primary concern , then it was only my second edit that I mention we are just customers like them and none else mentioned so this is not the case and even with that   As we talk about etiquette I find it funny how some will automatically bravo one another even when they miss the elephant in the room and not give credit to the one that actually did , it’s a funny optic also 

@KeeganM1 

If you have active service are you only getting the email option for the 2FA verification code? But if your main goal is preventing renewal here are all the options to cancel service....

1. Disable autopay either by logging into your self serve account and disabling it on the payment page or by calling the 611/IVR system (or 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit #) and entering your 4 digit account pin # to access the autopay menu and disable it.
  2. Replace the payment card on file in your self serve account's payment page with a $0 gift credit card that will cause autopay to fail and suspend your services.
  3. Contact customer support to have your payment card removed from your account.
  4. Put a hold on your payment card before midnight eastern on day 30 of your cycle. You can remove the hold the following day after noon eastern or anytime after your services are suspended.
  5. Suspend your service/account via lost/stolen in your self serve account that will prevent renewal.
  6. Port out your phone number to another provider or number holding service like Number barn.
  7. Write and send a letter to Public Mobile's 25 York St. Toronto Ontario address indicating the date you would like your service to be canceled. (Allow for 30 days for this notice to be effective.)

All of these methods except (6)&(7) will suspend your service for 90 days at which point your account will be canceled and deactivated. (2) I can supply the details of a $0 credit gift card if this method interest you? Contact me via private message for the details.

If you have a $$ rewards account you could allow someone to take over your account as there are community members actively seeking $$ rewards accounts ( I'm one of them !) Or if you have a points account you could also give the account away to a friend or family member or donate it to a charity like a women's shelter.

@Handy1- You might be referring to my suggestion to you a while ago. It's a fine line between adding something else that hasn't been mentioned yet in subsequent posts and taking the thunder from a subsequent post to then look like you said it first even though you indicate with an edit...which is good. But a very fine line.

Etiquette is important in this competitive forum. Optics matter.

@softech  Ok will do that then. , but then I’ve been told by other members to edit messages rather then add more reply’s  when I had more to mention seems conflicting somewhat 

@KeeganM1 

@darlicious 

@Handy1 wrote:

@softech  I did that because op personal number there and should remove it as you know this is a public forum , just looking out for their best interest 

@Handy1   you did the correct thing to ask user to remove phone number immediately. and if you like to do that.. then after you post that.. start another reply .. this is to be fair to everyone

Reserve your first spot and add all the goodies is a smart move, but not a good forum etiquette

@Handy1 and it would be nice if you can reverse what you did and then add it as a new post.. just to be fair to everyone

@softech  I did that because op personal number there and should remove it as you know this is a public forum , just looking out for their best interest 

@Handy1  do you mind to avoid putting one line first and then update your post after to add your full reply??

softech_0-1674183513865.png

you reserve your first spot  and then slowly add all the goodies in.  There was another regular who like doing that, eventually she got too many yellows card and red cards and became an Anonymous account here 

@KeeganM1 

Care to share with us the issue? We may be able to change your mind.

@KeeganM1   PM support  is all online and support won't call you.  they need you top open ticket if you need help

In fact this is an open forum, please remove your phone number for your own protection

To "cancel" the plan, you can either port out your number to another provider and your account will be closed upon successful port out of the number

Or you can also login to My Account and go to Payment page -> Manage Payment Method, and then disable Pre-Authorized payment.  PM will not be able to renew your account on your next renewal , your account will then be suspended on that day and 90 more days, it will be closed

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-cardhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card

@KeeganM1  First look under your name to the right by time stamp arrow button tap it and edit personal info 

edit if your plan to port your numbers out of public mobile then that will cancel your account or if you can sign in to self serve and go to payment tab you can disable auto pay or have a agent remove your cc Info right away 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Edit 2 we are just customers like you trying to help 

KeeganM1

I need to cancel my accounts. You guys are terrible. I've tried and tried  and now I pissed.I'm going to need someone to call me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. You have terrible customer service. You want to keep us

Call me

Need Help? Let's chat.