cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use mobile data on new phone

ApexFullsend173
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I had a Huawei Mate 20 Lite for the last year or so and have been using Public with no problem. I just bought a Oneplus 7 Pro and put the same sim card into it. Texting and calling works like a charm but I cannot use my mobile data at all.

The device activation brought me to the mobile data portion and it will not let me finish it. It says, "Activation Incomplete  This device has not been registered with an account. Please contact your service provider to activate this device for network service." I cannot contact

Public through the phone, so I don't know how to fix this. I have a Oneplus account on the device as well so I am dumbfounded as to what the problem is. 

If anyone knows a fix, thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

ApexFullsend173

I updated the phone and was able to edit the MVNO type. This fixed it. Thanks to everyone!

@ApexFullsend173 

For some reason the OS...Android 8  or 9  will grey out the APN on certain international phones once a sim card has been inserted it locks the APN to that provider. ( Was this an open box or refurbished purchase?) There are two ways to install pm's APN....

1. Borrow a freedom mobile sim card. Insert the freedom sim card and edit the APN and save. Power off the phone and insert the pm sim card and reboot. The pm APN should now populate the APN field.
  2. Contact the moderators and ask them to text you a configuration file for pm's APN. You may need the moderator to ask their colleagues for it if they are unaware of what you are asking for. Silvio is one of the senior staff that is aware of this file

@ApexFullsend173   is that Dual SIM phone?

Do you not have a "+" button to add APN's? 

Settings > Wi-Fi & Internet > SIM & network > SIM 1 (or 2)

under "Network Settings"  there is  "Access Point Names" and tapping that shows the APN's currently setup. The top has a + search (magnifying glass) and vertical ellipsis (3 vertical dots). You can edit an existing APN or tapping the + allows you to add (if you don't see the + then press the ellipsis and see if there is an add option).

After inputted the values, press the ellipsis to Save you entry! Don't just press the back arrow, you changes or new APN will not be saved and you'll have to redo it.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID

@ApexFullsend173 

You should be able to edit your APN on that brand and model of phone. What is the OS? Is there a software update available? Connect to wifi and check.

ApexFullsend173

Screenshot_20210715-083550.jpg

Screenshot_20210715-083547.jpg

ApexFullsend173

Brand new phone off Amazon says it works with PM in the description. The APN settings are greyed out so I can't change them anyway I've tried. The MVNO type is set as something different from what I have seen though. I will send a SS of my apn settings 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to hear you're having issues w/ the OnePlus on PM.

Is it a brand new phone? Refurbished? Used?

Could be related to the APNs. Someone else posted this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/No-Data-on-One-Plus-7-pro/td-p/443052

Hope it helps!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Can you post a screenshot of your APN settings ?

Need Help? Let's chat.