cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access old number to verify ID to subscribe

RRMMM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh no! I think I messed up. I was a Koodo month-to-month subscriber and tried to transfer my number to Public. I signed up as a new Public subscriber on the 20GB/$39 plan and selected the option to transfer my existing number. Everything seemed to be going fine, and I received a text message from Koodo to indicate that I had to reply "Yes" to approve the transfer. I did that, and my Koodo account was immediately terminated.

Now here's the problem.  The Public Mobile app shows this message when I try to login:

We’ve noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access.
A 6 digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to
phone number. We will need you to confirm this number.

I am unable to to complete that verification because Koodo has already cancelled the number. So I seem to be locked out of my phone and no longer even have a phone number. Help! What do I do???

18 REPLIES 18

hi @RRMMM the esim qr is to setup the esim profile on the phone , right?

@RRMMM happy that it works!!!

@RRMMM  Gees what bunch of hoops to have to jump , but happy to hear you finally got it all figured out 

RRMMM

In case anybody is wondering, after 2 days of getting nowhere the customer service agent finally opened a ticket for tech support. 6 hours later they sent me a new eSIM QR code and I was finally able to successfully activate my phone.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@RRMMM 

Your port completed but your dim card did not provision correctly upon activation. Did you recieve a welcome email from pm? Or get a copy of your transaction summary when your activation completed? They will contain your account #. You can also verify by using your payment card info from activation.

damenace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@RRMMM wrote:

A 6 digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to
phone number. We will need you to confirm this number.

I am unable to to complete that verification because Koodo has already cancelled the number. So I seem to be locked out of my phone and no longer even have a phone number. Help! What do I do???

You are not messed up. Eversafe is!  It is a faulted system from his parents.   I couldn't use my old email address after migrated to new and "better" system.

@RRMMM   You might be dealing with two things: 

1. eSim provisioning

2. porting

Since you have 2 issues, instead of running with 2 different teams, you do need ticket with support to sort out both things.  Understand you did already, did they reply you yet?

Message them again for update tonight.  

But they might not reply until tomorrow, so message them again tomorrow morning if needed

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

RRMMM

Yes, and no luck. My old Koodo SIM no longer works, and the eSim installation process with PM failed midway, so that's also no good.

RRMMM

Yes...clearly the problem is on their end. I've been back and forth with customer service agents for nearly 3 hours now. They seem to be clueless and keep asking me to provide my account number and other such information which I cannot do because I'm unable to login. Seems to me that Public is not yet ready to handle the volume of subscriptions that they're facing. I think I will schedule a call with Koodo to ask them to cancel the port. Life is too short for this sort of hassle.

@RRMMM 

tell them the system flaw is on their end. provide them with your koodo account number and tell them to figure it out

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RRMMM Have you tried rebooting your phone with the PM SIM and see if you have any service for phone or data?

RRMMM

It starts by asking me to verify by 6-digit code sent to email. That part work fine. But then immediately afterwards it says: "We've noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access. A 6-digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to phone number ###. We will need you to confirm this number.

@RRMMM  Can you hit resend and choose to send the code to email instead to verify the ever safe I’d 

Hi @RRMMM reply them amd ask them to ask you other security questions 

RRMMM

Yeah...I opened a PM to support over 30 minutes ago. So far they asked me to provide my account number and PIN, but I'm unable to get this information because I can't login to the Public app because it wants to verify my identity by sending a text to a phone number that was already deactivated by Koodo. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RRMMM  You might want to contact support 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RRMMM If you've gone through the porting process you may just have to wait.  Try rebooting your phone with the PM SIM and see if you have any service for phone or data.  

Since your Koodo account has been terminated it sounds like the porting process is underway.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RRMMM  There’s a number to talk to live support to restart the port request luckily Koodo and PM are all under Telus should be able to help will send private message the number 

edit I can’t seem to even send private message right now , but just google Telus porting team number and call it 

Need Help? Let's chat.