cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not ativate

stranded_sailor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So i am not using an android device or iPhone. I have a Microsoft surface with lte and it will not allow me to sign in to my account. I got in and signed everything up and paid, system took my money but now I can't get in. Chat is no help as it keeps sending me in circles. Guessing I just wasted 50 bucks

38 REPLIES 38

@stranded_sailor  Thanks for sharing . May give this a try later today 

stranded_sailor

thought id share this info with you all. first off thanks for helping me get things going. i was told by some that there was no way a pm sim would give me data on my microsoft surface go. it can be done, easily likely for most as i did eventually and im a tech dummy. someone here gave me the info that eventually fixed my problem, sorry id have to go back through to find a name again. problem ended up being the apn settings. seems tablets do not automatically pick these up and you need to input it yourself, most of you can likely work your way through setting easily enough to find where to put these in. i also suggest a physical sim, it worked better for me anyway. 

stranded_sailor

Surface go 2 lte 

stranded_sailor

What would you like a shot of? E sim is no longer installed cause the ms support person reset and lost it. 

@stranded_sailor 

which version of surface is that??

Since I'm not going back to your original post cause it's 30 messages long... and well... the Blue Jays game started... lol. I am pretty sure like Apple Watches, tablets are supported. But good luck.

stranded_sailor

Everyone including a pc repair guy that has experience with m/s told me this would work. Microsoft support aslo says it should work fine

I was at work all day. I could have told you the Microsoft tablet with LTE isn't supported through Public Mobile. Plus, you really should have confirmed it before spending the money. I'd go and purchase an affordable phone and go that route to be honest.  If you want data on your LTE tablet, that's more of a Fido Rogers Telus Bell thing. 

@stranded_sailor  Your welcome. The community will always be here to help you . 😉  but if your still having issues  activating please submit ticket with support 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

stranded_sailor

thanks all. Been at this with you all, Microsoft support and this support for 8 hours and still no phone. Feeling like a waste of time

stranded_sailor

thank you

stranded_sailor

plan to buy sim but am in the country so need to find a place

Start, settings, network & internet, cellular, advanced options, add an apn.
Some of the below may not be needed.
From an MS source page:
In the Profile name box, type a name for the APN profile. <- whatever name
In theAPNbox, type the address for the APN to use. <- sp.mb.com
In the User name box, type the user name for your mobile account.
In the Password box, type the password for your mobile account.
Select Type of sign-in info, and then select the authentication method that's used.
Select IP type, and then select the type of IP address to use. <- IPv4
Select APN type, and then select Internet. <- sure
Select the Apply this profile check box if you want the APN profile to be used right after you save it
Select Save > OK.

@stranded_sailor wrote:

doesnt matter now. microsoft support was helping and reset somethings which lost the esim and now i guess i need to buy another according to support here. feeling defeated and like i wasted money

@stranded_sailor 

yes, that is the drawback for eSIM, when you change device or wipe a device or deleted it, you need to buy a new eSIM

The Surface has a physical slot? buy a physical sim instead, you can easily move it to another device or phone

if you decide to stick with eSIM , check the blacklist first for peace of mine

HI @stranded_sailor 

haha.. ask the MS tech to pay for it

but yes, you need to buy a new eSIM

stranded_sailor

doesnt matter now. microsoft support was helping and reset somethings which lost the esim and now i guess i need to buy another according to support here. feeling defeated and like i wasted money

@stranded_sailor wrote:

it is active. tablet shows active telus sim in e sim spot but will not give service. asking for apn input but not sure where to find all those settings. also can not log in because it sends code to phone number on sim, it comes but takes 10 min so page is timed out

@stranded_sailor 

for peace of mind, check if the IMEI is clean, remember to use the IMEI for the eSIM:
https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Also, check your APN settings, you need to have proper APN to access data:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

@stranded_sailor wrote:

it is active. tablet shows active telus sim in e sim spot but will not give service. asking for apn input but not sure where to find all those settings. also can not log in because it sends code to phone number on sim, it comes but takes 10 min so page is timed out

First follow these steps to do Cellular settings in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cellular-settings-in-windows-905568ff-7f31-3013-efc7-3f3...

If need APN setting then :

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/windows

Second you may need Microsoft Mobile plan app to easy using data plan but seems it doesn't support PM:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/mobilebroadband/mobile-plans

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/supported-mobile-operators-for-the-mobile-plans-app-in-w...

stranded_sailor

@stranded_sailor wrote:

have no regular phone. only surface tab

Did you successful activate your plan? If you did, but you can't get service or you can't login your PM account?

stranded_sailor

have no regular phone. only surface tab

@stranded_sailor wrote:

. how is it that the provider can send this code but can not give me service?

HI @stranded_sailor 

are you porting your phone number?

or it could be your device network settings or APN settings for data

stranded_sailor

so i found a place for some of these setting. new development, tried to log into acc and it wanted to send the verify code to the number attached to this esim rather than my email as was set originally, i didnt figure it would come but it did, took almost ten minutes though and the page is timed out to input code. how is it that the provider can send this code but can not give me service?

I've never heard of doing anything with the imei. You can't write data to the sim yourself other than contacts and texts.
Finish the set up. Use another device to log in to the account when that is done so that you can make sure it all works.

@stranded_sailor wrote:

Meaning the imei from my device needs to be manually loaded to Sim properties 

HI @stranded_sailor  then maybe you need to do the same with eSIM, eSIM has an IMEI too, a different one from physical sim

stranded_sailor

Meaning the imei from my device needs to be manually loaded to Sim properties 

I'm puzzled. What I can find says it's sim card. Not esim.
You still need to complete the sign up in the app. Do you have an Android or iphone that you can use?
Are you able to find the screen for APN?

APN Settings:
Name: whatever you want
APN: sp.mb.com
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18 - alternative: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS port: 80 - alternative with above: 8799
APN type: default,mms,dun
APN enable/disable: APN enabled - probably on anyway and greyed out
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F - alternative: 4D

@stranded_sailor wrote:

Has a physical slot. I used another Sim in it and it picked up but needed the imei changed to match(was

HI@stranded_sailor 

IMEI change? IMEI cannot be changed.  If it needs to change to connect, it is blacklisted

did you ask the PC repair if they need to do with eSIM?

If physical slot works, maybe change your PM account back to physical sim

Need Help? Let's chat.